Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Roy Miller needs knee surgery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.nbcsports.com/content/roy-miller-needs-knee-surgery-repair-meniscus-injury'>http://m.nbcsports.com/content/roy-miller-needs-knee-surgery-repair-meniscus-injury</a>

Quote:Miller didn’t play against the Titans on Thursday night after missing practice all this week with a knee injury and Ryan O’Halloran of the Florida Times-Union reports that Miller will need surgery to repair his meniscus. O’Halloran expects Miller will be placed on injured reserve before the Jaguars season comes to a close against the Texans next weekend.

Miller should be recovered in time to take part in the Jaguars’ offseason program, which will help him make good on the four-year, $16.25 million commitment that the Jaguars made to him this week. 
Doesn't sound serious

Can you not give physicals before offering extensions?

Quote:Can you not give physicals before offering extensions?

My guess is that they knew he would need surgery and knew it wouldn't be serious.  Therefore, give him the extension and get him 100% healthy by having him not play these last 2 meaningless games.  He'll earn his contract next year.
Quote:Can you not give physicals before offering extensions?

Considering he had not practiced this week, they knew about the injury.
starting to get concerned about his injury history

Quote:Considering he had not practiced this week, they knew about the injury.

Yeah, but did they know he would need surgery? Hopefully it is nothing serious.
Quote:Yeah, but did they know he would need surgery? Hopefully it is nothing serious.

There is no doubt they knew.

It's not like he signed some massive blockbuster deal.
No big deal. They most certainly knew and our trying to get him good to go for next year. It is a relatively minor injury as far as the knee is concerned but can be painfull and annoying if not cleaned up.

Quote:My guess is that they knew he would need surgery and knew it wouldn't be serious.  Therefore, give him the extension and get him 100% healthy by having him not play these last 2 meaningless games.  He'll earn his contract next year.
This is how I see it and really hope it turns out as well.
Good grief. That's bad management right there.  Wait until he RECOVERS before giving him an extension...

And this is why you can never have enough good DL....

Miller's new deal is 4 years $16.25m in total value.  The important part of the numbers is that there is only a $500,000 signing bonus, and $1,975,000 in guaranteed money.  The financial risk of the deal in case of injury is extremely minimal. 

Quote:Good grief. That's bad management right there.  Wait until he RECOVERS before giving him an extension...

That's bad posting right there.

The team knows the extent of the injury, and the chances of recovery. They gave him a cap friendly deal and won't lose him to another team.
Quote:That's bad posting right there.

The team knows the extent of the injury, and the chances of recovery. They gave him a cap friendly deal and won't lose him to another team.

No, that's bad management. Would your place of business give you an extension, bonus, or raise if there is a chance you won't be working for them? I don't think so..
Quote:No, that's bad management. Would your place of business give you an extension, bonus, or raise if there is a chance you won't be working for them? I don't think so..

Most people can quit a job anytime they like. So there's always a chance "you won't be working for them."

People also get extensions, bonuses and raises all the time.
Quote:No, that's bad management. Would your place of business give you an extension, bonus, or raise if there is a chance you won't be working for them? I don't think so..

If my services were valuable, and my injury will not keep me from working after it heals and other companies value my services enough to outbid my current company, probably.

Unless you know something about Bryant's injury that the Jaguars don't know, then you're just griping because you like to gripe.