Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Todman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

On that 60 yard TD run and juke, I thought that I was seeing shades of the old Freddy T.

Great win Jags!

The quick cut and stiff arm...was just a mirage though

Quote:The quick cut and stiff arm...was just a mirage though
That's why I used the word "Shades" of Freddy T. No player will ever match Freddy T's explosiveness and physicality. Ever.
Did you hear Jim Nantz say that was our longest run of the season?

Todman also did a good job catching the pass by Shorts.

Quote:Did you hear Jim Nantz say that was our longest run of the season?

Todman also did a good job catching the pass by Shorts.
it was our longest runs since 2010
Was a clutch run. Does Espn have a stupid stat for that too?
not trying to take away from todman, but Gerhardt was having a really good game. If he had time to get in a groove I think he could have ran for 100+ tonight.

Quote:Not trying to take away from Todman, but Gerhart was having a really good game. If he had time to get in a groove I think he could have ran for 100+ tonight.

Part of it was getting hurt. Todman played so well in backup duty I can't blame our offensive line.
Must you start a thread for everything young grasshopper? 

He's a legit 4.4 guy. Maybe they haven't been using him like they should. It seems like a brick has to hit coaches Del Rio and Bradley to make a change. He's probably faster than shoelace but with meat on his bones.

Quote:He's a legit 4.4 guy. Maybe they haven't been using him like they should. It seems like a brick has to hit coaches Del Rio and Bradley to make a change. He's probably faster than shoelace but with meat on his bones.

What change are you suggesting here?
Right now he is a decent kick returner. One break away run doesn't compare him to Fred Taylor. The Jags got too many one-year wonders that caution must be considered.
Quote:On that 60 yard TD run and juke, I thought that I was seeing shades of the old Freddy T.

Great win Jags!
Toddman has proved that he should be at  least the backup and get more reps at HB why not give him more carries in this last week to see how he does?
Quote:What change are you suggesting here?

Get him the ball on offense.He is fast,can catch,has some moves,run him out of the backfield and see if a lb can cover him in space.
Quote:Get him the ball on offense.He is fast,can catch,has some moves,run him out of the backfield and see if a lb can cover him in space.

They'd been trying that before and he'd get the ball in space do a whole lot of juking and get nowhere.
Quote:They'd been trying that before and he'd get the ball in space do a whole lot of juking and get nowhere.

Which sums up all our running plays. The o-line is trash. It's hard to evaluate our running backs.
Quote:Get him the ball on offense.He is fast,can catch,has some moves,run him out of the backfield and see if a lb can cover him in space.
Boy this board sure does have the full spectrum of opinions covered on some topics!  I'm not saying you're wrong, but my opinion is he's the 3rd best back on the team, ahead of Storm.  I haven't seen anything out of Storm.

Its hard to evaluate them when a player like Todman only comes in on 3rd down,and his only job is to catch a 2 yard dump off everyone knows is coming. I was suggesting something radical,like putting him in on 1st down and have him fake block then try to find a spot behind the linebackers 15 yards downfield. You know,like all those teams do to us.
This is why we get depressed as a fan base. A player has one big game, or even play, and suddenly he's amazing.
Todman is performing better here than Rashad Jennings who is beasting in NY. So just remember that before anyone thinks he is disposable. We let him go and he's an all star somewhere else.

Pages: 1 2