Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The fans have always impressed me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
But tonight I'm really impressed. In watching the pre-game show from my room (I live on a Navy base in the Bahamas), the fans are already going nuts. Deion Sanders and company are having to yell across the table to talk to each other, and it's still an hour before kickoff. Sanders has mentioned the fans multiple times, and Michael Irvin just said this team and it's fans remind him of the Cowboys team he was on as a rookie.

I've traveled to a lot of different Jaguar away games, including Seattle (the 41-0 laugher), and the junior varsity team we play tonight: the titans. I can honestly say that Jags fans are some of the loudest and most passionate in the league. For example, I was able to talk to my friend in Jax on a cell phone on the first third down of the game in Tenn. The Jags went on to win 41-9, but the fans never impressed me, and usually never got off their butts. Try talking on a cell-phone on a third down in Jacksonville; it's not possible.

I can't be with the fans at that stadium right now, but I'm extremely impressed with how strong the fan base is. This team needs to embrace that and use it, starting tonight.
You obviously did not see how empty Everbank Field was during the Texans game. It seemed to be only half full.

Thank you for serving.

The fans are impressing me also. One game I will never forget is the game that we won 9-0 against the steelers on Monday night. Incredible atmosphere.
Quote:You obviously did not see how empty Everbank Field was during the Texans game. It seemed to be only half full.

Smh.....
Quote:You obviously did not see how empty Everbank Field was during the Texans game. It seemed to be only half full.
you havent been to a game when it rains 50% of the ppl go inside but are still there

I've been to plenty of Jaguar games, and I'm sure the stadium wasn't empty, it was just too cold for you Floridians. I saw the stands at the start of the game, and that was no half-filled stadium. I have no doubt the bars and various indoor venues around the stadium were full for the tinhorn game.

That being said, I WAS there in 09 when the stadium WAS half-filled for the tinhorns game. 40,000 Jaguar fans were much louder than a full titans stadium (I've been to 3 games in Nashville).
Thanks for serving.

I would love to be apart of the crowd one day. Cant wait to get on a plane and be part of a home town crowd.

Instead of the 9ers -_-

All my fake-football-fan family members are niner fans. Nothing has made me happier than the demise of that team this season.

Oh, and to be clear here, I am a submarine veteran, but I'm not currently in the military. I wouldn't want to take anything away from the people who are actively defending us. Don't worry though, I like it much better here on dry land.
Quote:You havent been to a game when it rains 50% of the ppl go inside but are still there.

I was at that game. It was only sprinkling during the first half and dried up later. Diehard fans don't worry abut a very light drizzle and chilly temperatures.
You obviously was not at the game.. I was and the rain felt like it came out of the freezer and most folks were wearing shorts , flip flops and T-shirts. We were not prepared for that ..
Quote:I was at that game. It was only sprinkling during the first half and dried up later. Diehard fans don't worry abut a very light drizzle and chilly temperatures.

You're not a diehard fan. You support other nfl teams, I bleed teal. Get out of here with this crap.
Quote:But tonight I'm really impressed. In watching the pre-game show from my room (I live on a Navy base in the Bahamas), the fans are already going nuts. Deion Sanders and company are having to yell across the table to talk to each other, and it's still an hour before kickoff. Sanders has mentioned the fans multiple times, and Michael Irvin just said this team and it's fans remind him of the Cowboys team he was on as a rookie.

I've traveled to a lot of different Jaguar away games, including Seattle (the 41-0 laugher), and the junior varsity team we play tonight: the titans. I can honestly say that Jags fans are some of the loudest and most passionate in the league. For example, I was able to talk to my friend in Jax on a cell phone on the first third down of the game in Tenn. The Jags went on to win 41-9, but the fans never impressed me, and usually never got off their butts. Try talking on a cell-phone on a third down in Jacksonville; it's not possible.

I can't be with the fans at that stadium right now, but I'm extremely impressed with how strong the fan base is. This team needs to embrace that and use it, starting tonight.
Jags fans will whine, complain, yell, scream, cry - but they are definitely the most loyal group in the NFL.  Have to be to put up with the posters on here!!

Not sure how many people check out other message boards, but this is probably the best one in the NFL as well. 

Go fans!!!
Quote:I was at that game. It was only sprinkling during the first half and dried up later. Diehard fans don't worry abut a very light drizzle and chilly temperatures.

You've been to 2 games?  Allegedly? 
JW -- you actually went to 1 game (Texans) over the past 5 years and now you are all bummed about bc fans who have been going every single week over the course of their 13 wins vs 52 losses record decided to go home in spite of their thrilling 2-10 record at that time.

GIVE ME A BREAK !!! 

JW = Diehard Poster

OK -- back on topic.

YES -- THE FANS HERE ARE INCREDIBLE.  Personally, I cannot believe the complaining I hear from my friends in Pittsburgh about the Steelers throughout the course of the year and then I look around Jacksonville and these fans just continue to buy tickets, show up, and support the Jags regardless of their record.  Must admit that I'm quite amazed.

Quote:You're not a diehard fan. You support other nfl teams, I bleed teal. Get out of here with this crap.

Thread won, quality!

I was at that game, and it was sprinking during the first half, and when I went back out for the second half, it was raining.   Raining.  

The weather forecast was for no rain, and much warmer.   Almost no one showed up with rain gear, and almost no one was dressed warmly enough. 

Those are the facts.   FACTS. 

Don't tell me it wasn't raining.  I was there. 
The 12th man (and woman) on this team are the MVP.  They consistently show up for games, even when other units on the field (like the offensive line) don't.

The fact that we argue why the fans disappeared at halftime of one particular game is ridiculous. Lest we forget, they did show up for the game. The bought tickets to this hot mess, and actually invested some of their valuable time to watch it.  They rank near the middle of the NFL in attendance, over teams that gave their fans much better results on the field.

I know all of you who supported this team, and go to the games, are going to be rewarded for your efforts, and sooner than you think.  When this team is a consistent winner, you'll be able to brag that you were there when they were on the bottom.

Let's keep buying tickets.  The best is yet to come.

I don't care who left.  Buy the ticket, you can burn it in the parking lot.  Instead, call the Navy bases and donate the tickets.

Pages: 1 2