Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles needs 144 yards tonight to take franchise record for most passing yards for a rookie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I guess we have something to cheer for tonight.
Should be easy enough, I'm expecting a good game from the offense tonight, the tacks are horrible.

Quote:Should be easy enough, I'm expecting a good game from the offense tonight, the tacks are horrible.
On the other hand; so are we. 
Who holds it currently? I'm assume probably Leftwich?
Quote:Who holds it currently? I'm assume probably Leftwich?
Yep. 2,819 yards in 15 games. Bortles has 2,676 yards in 12 games. 
Quote:Who holds it currently? I'm assume probably Leftwich?
Yes indeed.
I wish I could say that is a positive sign but leftwich didn't exactly work out in the end.

odds that he doesn't get 144 yds?

Quote:I guess we have something to cheer for tonight.

We can still cheer for free Firehouse subs and for our best defensive player Marks to get just half a sack for his $600,000 bonus to kick in.

Also, the Jags have a chance to go undefeated in primetime games this season, so I'll be rooting for that to happen.

And, just the chance to beat the hated tacks is reason enough for me to cheer for the Jags.

It's Bortles first nighttime, primetime game in a Jags uniform and it would be great if it ended in a win for the Jags.

Gus lost his 1st Thursday night/primetime game last year, let's hope he wins this one.

1-1 in primetime games is better then 0-2.

Quote:I wish I could say that is a positive sign but leftwich didn't exactly work out in the end.
Leftwich also ended up with 16 TD's versus 19 INT's. Bortles is at 10-17 right now.

So......Yeah. 
Quote:odds that he doesn't get 144 yds?

Really low. I see this as his breakout game and then the hand wringing will ensue over draft position.

Only if he isn't able to play the whole game.

He's had over 144 yards in every game this season, why would you think he wouldn't in this game?
Quote:Really low. I see this as his breakout game and then the hand wringing will ensue over draft position.
Knowing this board hand wringing will ensue regardless of the outcome of the game.
Quote:Knowing this board hand wringing will ensue regardless of the outcome of the game.

There are those who are hand-wringing right now before the game even starts, so..........yeah.
Quote:There are those who are hand-wringing right now before the game even starts, so..........yeah.
Cake or death?
Quote:Cake or death?

Death cake.
Hopefully this record will be the first of many. I definately envision him attaining this goal w/two remaining games...

NH3...
This cannot be true. How can Bortles be breaking any records with the horribad OC and an HC shackling him?

I call shenanigans.

Quote: Death cake.
Clearly not an Eddie Izzard fan.

Very Low...

NH3...
Pages: 1 2 3 4