Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How believable is this to you?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I saw this post from Robert Reich and found it to be interesting. Wondering if the usual suspects on this board find this to be plausible:

<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(29,33,41);">"I had breakfast recently with a friend who's a former Republican member of Congress. Here's what he said:

<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(29,33,41);"> 

<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(29,33,41);">Him: Trump is no Republican. He’s just a big fat ego.

<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(29,33,41);">Me: Then why didn’t you speak out against him during the campaign?

<p style="font-family:inherit;">Him: You kidding? I was surrounded by Trump voters. I’d have been shot.

<p style="font-family:inherit;">Me: So what now? What are your former Republican colleagues going to do?

<p style="font-family:inherit;">Him (smirking): They’ll play along for a while.

<p style="font-family:inherit;">Me: A while?

<p style="font-family:inherit;">Him: They’ll get as much as they want – tax cuts galore, deregulation, military buildup, slash all those poverty programs, and then get to work on Social Security and Medicare – and blame him. And he’s such a fool he’ll want to take credit for everything.

<p style="font-family:inherit;">Me: And then what?

<p style="font-family:inherit;">Him (laughing): They like Pence.

<p style="font-family:inherit;">Me: What do you mean?

<p style="font-family:inherit;">Him: Pence is their guy. They all think Trump is out of his mind.

<p style="font-family:inherit;">Me: So what?

<p style="font-family:inherit;">Him: So the moment Trump does something really dumb – steps over the line – violates the law in a big stupid clumsy way … and you know he will ...

<p style="font-family:inherit;">Me: They impeach him?

<p style="font-family:inherit;">Him: You bet. They pull the trigger."

It's not.
You need help.
Donald needs keep his nose clean and not I repeat not every get impeached. Do not allow the Christian crusader.
Oh yeah, totally believable. The opposition ALWAYS broadcasts their real intentions for it to be put on someone's website...
For context..  this Robert Reich is admittedly left leaning, but has contacts in DC going back to the Ford administration.  He posts about discussions he has had with people of political influence on both sides of the aisle regularly.  This is supposedly from an ex-GOP congressman.
Quote:For context..  this Robert Reich is admittedly left leaning, but has contacts in DC going back to the Ford administration.  He posts about discussions he has had with people of political influence on both sides of the aisle regularly.  This is supposedly from an ex-GOP congressman.

The Establishment doesn't like Donald Trump?

[Image: you-dont-say.gif]
I found the former Republican member of Congress.

[Image: 4hcu2w.jpg]

Quote:For context..  this Robert Reich is admittedly left leaning, 

I hear that Antarctica gets cold at times.

As far as your original post, I'd call it logical speculation, but there's no actual information.

Out of the realm of possibility? Not at all. Trump is the slimiest incoming President this country has had since (at least) Nixon. The idea that his political opponents might have some ideas as to how to handle him when the time comes is not far-fetched.

Oh boy, it's going to be a looooooong 8 years on here.
8? Surely can't possibly get away lying after 4 years of it. Plus won't he be too old.
Quote:I hear that Antarctica gets cold at times.

As far as your original post, I'd call it logical speculation, but there's no actual information.

To be clear.. none of this is anything but speculation. I am not posting it as a smoking gun. One person with intimate ties to the ruling party is expressing what he says is the overall opinion of the come hand her in chief.

From a Frank Underwood perspective, it would make sense that the establishment would ride the wave, allow him to push all the things they want and try to replace him with Pence who is a less unpredictable and embarrassing figurehead. Whether or not that's how it all plays out? We'll wait to see.
The fact that Trump is unpredictable and an outsider makes it more likely than ever before. I don't think we'd need to see Reich or anyone make these claims really. He's made a lot of enemies along the way to the top. He's not even that well respected by his own party. So hopefully he can keep his ego in check. 

I give him a 30% chance of getting impeached.   A large majority of Congress hates him.   All the Democrats and a large number of Republicans.   As soon as his approval level drops to a level where the politicians aren't worried about pissing off too many people, he will be vulnerable. 

How did this thread go from some dog manure fake conversation Kotite typed to impeachment possibility?

DJT isn't going to do anything to be impeached and if for some reason, people facilitate that, you people should be really worried, because this country would have MUCH bigger problems at that point than we do now.

Quote:How did this thread go from some dog manure fake conversation Kotite typed to impeachment possibility?

DJT isn't going to do anything to be impeached and if for some reason, people facilitate that, you people should be really worried, because this country would have MUCH bigger problems at that point than we do now.
I didn't make this up. It came from a guy who has spent decades in D.C. circles and worked for multiple administrations.

He isn't gonna do anything to be impeached?

He already has a lawsuit pending which states he is in violation of the constitution based on his conflict of interest with business ties. And should those tax returns ever see the light of day, there's plenty of speculation proof of tax evasion would be visible. If that is the case, he is toast.
Quote:And should those tax returns ever see the light of day, there's plenty of speculation proof of tax evasion would be visible. If that is the case, he is toast.

Speculate all you want, if it was in there Clinton would've used it.
Quote:I didn't make this up. It came from a guy who has spent decades in D.C. circles and worked for multiple administrations.

He isn't gonna do anything to be impeached?

He already has a lawsuit pending which states he is in violation of the constitution based on his conflict of interest with business ties. And should those tax returns ever see the light of day, there's plenty of speculation proof of tax evasion would be visible. If that is the case, he is toast.

Clinging to this desperate hope of "what could be" isn't healthy dude. It just isn't.
Quote:Speculate all you want, if it was in there Clinton would've used it.

Well the fine folks at WikiLeaks have spoken and smell a cover up based on the latest communication on the subject. Surely when they produce these records you'll have no question as to their validity based on your immense support for their accuracy in the Hillary email release.
Pages: 1 2 3