Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags should re-sign JT Thomas...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What is everyones opinion of JT Thomas?  He is versatile and has proven to be an asset to our LB core.  Should the Jags try and re-sign him before the end of the season.  Even if we sign a OLB in free agency (KJ Wright) he is a guy who could be an effective #4 LB.

Quote:What is everyones opinion of JT Thomas?  He is versatile and has proven to be an asset to our LB core.  Should the Jags try and re-sign him before the end of the season.  Even if we sign a OLB in free agency (KJ Wright) he is a guy who could be an effective #4 LB.

I agree. I'm for resigning Thomas and Alan Ball, as both would be system-knowledgeable reserves who could fill in admirably if their younger replacements are struggling or injured.  
Bring him back on a minimal salary deal as a backup/special teamer.

Just a guy

I agree, the question is should he play Sam or Mike LB. I think we should draft Perryman or Mckinney and play Thomas at OLB
Agree, his versatility is an asset.

I'm sure the team will look at extending his contract, and I doubt seriously it's going to be a blockbuster. 

Right now he's basically the only one on this roster who isn't Poz with MLB experience. He'll be resigned.

Quote:Right now he's basically the only one on this roster who isn't Poz with MLB experience. He'll be resigned.
If he's re-signed, it's got more to do with versatility than anything else.  I don't think Poz is going anywhere, but I do suspect the team will probably look at possible upgrades across the lb corps. 
Love JT.  Resign him. 

Quote:If he's re-signed, it's got more to do with versatility than anything else.  I don't think Poz is going anywhere, but I do suspect the team will probably look at possible upgrades across the lb corps. 
I agree!!  Poz will be our starting MLB next year with George backing him up.  Hopefully we can pickup a quality OLB to go along with Telvin and Poz.  JT would be ideal as a #4 LB/Special Teams.
McKinney would be a huge get. the linebackers are the worst group outside of the OL and McKinney is a freakshow LB. 

with that being said, jt thomas will probably be back in one way or another. 

Bobby Wagner please.
Bring him back, hopefully as depth to play behind the stud Caldwell will find in the late rounds, i hope!!!

Quote:Bobby Wagner please.

He's not a FA this year.
Poz back? This team is stuck in the damn 60's and 70's. Get that slow stiff dude outta here man. Can't sit up here and tell me from a performance standpoint we're missing him the way this defense is playing. If he wants to come back, the only way it should be is by being the linebackers coach.

I rather the jags use the money to go after some quality Free Agent LB. Both the LB and secondary need help

I think he's proved he is worth a place in the squad.

The suggestion from the official website is that Poz returns next season, so we may not go MLB in the draft, but if we do Eric Kendricks might also be worth a look.
Quote:Right now he's basically the only one on this roster who isn't Poz with MLB experience. He'll be resigned.

What about Jeremiah George?
I think the Jags need another solid veteran LB to go along with Poz.  That would help bridge the gap to the young guys.

Pages: 1 2 3