Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Time to Put Blake on IR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Blake has a sprained foot and is doubtful for the Titans game.  

Time to put Blake on IR and go with Henne. 

Put the tank in play!    Let's get that number one pick and deal it for multiple picks!  
ugh, this really will be the worst TNF game ever..........

Quote:Blake has a sprained foot and is doubtful for the Titans game.  

Questionable, not doubtful. 
Putting him on IR would make no sense just because he can't play this game.  If it's something that could be reinjured or keep him out against Houston then okay, but I'd rather he get one more game of experience than "tank".

Which olineman was the one who got destroyed and landed on his foot?
Sounds like I'll should go fishing the rest of the season......

You have to win games to tank games.

Put the tank in play!    Let's get that number one pick and deal it for multiple picks!  

Tampa ain't beating Green Bay brah
Quote:Tampa ain't beating Green Bay brah

They could beat New Orleans tho. Disappointed they couldn't beat Derek Anderson yesterday. 
Quote:They could beat New Orleans tho. Disappointed they couldn't beat Derek Anderson yesterday. 

We'll see but I have my doubts
I don't know that it's necessary to put him on IR.

If he's out for the last two games then okay. I think he could still benefit from being on the sideline and participating in everything even if he can't play.

No reason to IR him. I think our Oline will play better against tennesee anyway so might as well let Blake sling it around for his last couple games of 2014.

Honestly without Blake I have little interest in the game.
Can you imagine the ratings for the Thursday game if he's out lol.  

Quote:Can you imagine the ratings for the Thursday game if he's out lol.

I can't imagine the ratings even if he's in.
Quote:I can't imagine the ratings even if he's in.

Lol this. 2 bad teams battling for draft position at this point.

If I have to watch Henne play at the last home game of the year I'm going to puke.  I don't care about pick position.  Let Blake play.  He needs the practice.
Quote:Lol this. 2 bad teams battling for draft position at this point.

Tampa is leading by 1 with 15 seconds to go and they have the ball.   The QB drops back and starts running for his own end zone to try and score a safety so they can lose the game.   Jaguars defenders are chasing him, desperately trying to stop him...
Some thoughts here...

First off, the Jag's don't have to 'tank' to lose to the tacks. We've done it once already this season.

Second; if Bortles were put on IR the net effect would be the same as tanking, and both the tacks and the horns would know it. All they would have to do is stack the box... game over.

Given that our offensive line is pathetic, we risk undue injury to Bortles every time he goes on the field. What's more, he's starting to show signs of panic... running into rushers. This is because he is too often under pressure. This is part of what went into ruining a very young former rookie quarterback here (he who shall not be named...). Putting Bortles on IR isn't what we would want, but sticking him out there behind a JV offensive line isn't helping him develop good habits either...

I also have to say that the veterans offensive players aren't helping much either. Mercedes Lewis and Cecil Shorts... this means you.

Quote:I can't imagine the ratings even if he's in.

Oh it's going to be bad either way, but at least Bortles garners some interest, other wise it will be 3 hours talking about pools the screens, to an audience roughly around CNBC numbers. 
Pages: 1 2