Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Thoughts from Baltimore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was at the game today and here is just a few things I saw first hand:

•Very Few Jags fans as compared to when I went to Jags vs Skins game earlier in the year.Purples out.

• Bortles had little time to throw (obviously) and when he did have time, he still rushed his throws. Missed some throws.

• please get rid of Shorts and Lewis. Those drops were so huge and even the people around me felt bad for Blake.

• The biggest missed opportunity was at the start of the 4th. Play action and Lee hit their DB with a double move. Blake didn't anticipate this and missed Lee for a while open bomb. Could have been huge.

•Cyp takes the WORST angles possible. The worst.

• Although we didn't get a sack, the defense played well.

•Special teams gave up that blocked punt TD but also recovered an onside kick and fake punt. Block punt was so huge though.

•Bmore was a blast though and fans were pretty good.

•Blake is a stud. He stood in there and took some huge hits and came back for more. With more practice and better oline play, I think we have our guy boys.

All in all, the game was closer than I thought. We have a LONG way to go on offense and I'm not sure if Gus knows what to do in that department. He needs some veteran help there.
Those drops were big. I think its safe to say CS3 is not being resigned.

Marcedes should be cut or whatever
I was at the game too. Baltimore fans are awesome. Really classy. The most obnoxious guy in our section was a jags fan--no joke.
Quote:I was at the game too. Baltimore fans are awesome. Really classy. The most obnoxious guy in our section was a jags fan--no joke.
I was section 136.... Awesome time but the end result sucked.
Quote:Those drops were big. I think its safe to say CS3 is not being resigned.

Marcedes should be cut or whatever

I can't imagine this team resigning Shorts. I don't care how great a guy is off the field, in the locker room, to the fans, whatever. His job is to catch passes and make plays and he doesn't. Its as simple as that to me. There is no excuse for the amount of drops he has.

The same can be said for Marcedes. If you can't catch an easy ball to help out your QB your useless.
Quote:I can't imagine this team resigning Shorts. I don't care how great a guy is off the field, in the locker room, to the fans, whatever. His job is to catch passes and make plays and he doesn't. Its as simple as that to me. There is no excuse for the amount of drops he has.

The same can be said for Marcedes. If you can't catch an easy ball to help out your QB your useless.
the forgotten is...

what would this game have looked like if the Phantom call and 2 drops didn't happen
Quote:I was at the game too. Baltimore fans are awesome. Really classy. The most obnoxious guy in our section was a jags fan--no joke.

Yeah, that oface guy is pretty obnoxious!

Hey-YOOOOO!!!  

I'll be here all night folks!  Please try the veal!
Quote:Yeah, that oface guy is pretty obnoxious!

Hey-YOOOOO!!!

I'll be here all night folks! Please try the veal!

I actually had a really nice veal dinner in little Italy lol. We were up in the nosebleeds. Nice to see the 'all-22' for a change tho.
Baltimore fans classy?  It's easy to be nice to Jags fans.  Try attending a Ravens game in Baltimore against an AFC North opponent.  It's ugly --- pretty much like every stadium in the Northeast when rivals come into town.

Quote:Baltimore fans classy?  It's easy to be nice to Jags fans.  Try attending a Ravens game in Baltimore against an AFC North opponent.  It's ugly --- pretty much like every stadium in the Northeast when rivals come into town.

That bogus PF call sucked the life out of the team. We had them stopped on 3rd down, and we get a 15 yard penalty on a hit where it's really the two defenders who collided?

I finally get to use this phrase: because jaguars
Quote:So I was at the game today and here is just a few things I saw first hand:

•Very Few Jags fans as compared to when I went to Jags vs Skins game earlier in the year.Purples out.

• Bortles had little time to throw (obviously) and when he did have time, he still rushed his throws. Missed some throws.

• please get rid of Shorts and Lewis. Those drops were so huge and even the people around me felt bad for Blake.

• The biggest missed opportunity was at the start of the 4th. Play action and Lee hit their DB with a double move. Blake didn't anticipate this and missed Lee for a while open bomb. Could have been huge.

•Cyp takes the WORST angles possible. The worst.

• Although we didn't get a sack, the defense played well.

•Special teams gave up that blocked punt TD but also recovered an onside kick and fake punt. Block punt was so huge though.

•Bmore was a blast though and fans were pretty good.

•Blake is a stud. He stood in there and took some huge hits and came back for more. With more practice and better oline play, I think we have our guy boys.

All in all, the game was closer than I thought. We have a LONG way to go on offense and I'm not sure if Gus knows what to do in that department. He needs some veteran help there.
Good run down and good on you for supporting the boys!
Quote:That bogus PF call sucked the life out of the team. We had them stopped on 3rd down, and we get a 15 yard penalty on a hit where it's really the two defenders who collided?

I finally get to use this phrase: because jaguars
The game was really weird. PI call was bogus, the personal foul call was bogus but the big thing I took away was that we NEVER take advantage of opportunities.

Recover the onside kick... nothin. Fake punt... Nothin. They miss a FG... Nothin. Blake finally gets some time to hit a deep throw... Nothin.

The positive though is Blake. I think with this off season and hopefully some better Oline play next year (honestly, it can't get worse) he will be really good.
Quote:Baltimore fans classy?  It's easy to be nice to Jags fans.  Try attending a Ravens game in Baltimore against an AFC North opponent.  It's ugly --- pretty much like every stadium in the Northeast when rivals come into town.

In general, Ravens fans are pretty classy when you aren't a divisional rival...or you name isn't Joe Flacco. The hate they have for their own QB even when they win is sometimes mind boggling...but I digress.

I was in the nosebleeds yesterday also and people were very cool. I was also at the Houston playoff game a few years ago here and sat in between a group of tinhorn fans and Ravens fans and we all had a blast.
Quote:The game was really weird. PI call was bogus, the personal foul call was bogus but the big thing I took away was that we NEVER take advantage of opportunities.

Recover the onside kick... nothin. Fake punt... Nothin. They miss a FG... Nothin. Blake finally gets some time to hit a deep throw... Nothin.

The positive though is Blake. I think with this off season and hopefully some better Oline play next year (honestly, it can't get worse) he will be really good.

I totally agree withe fact this team squanders more good field position opps than I care to try to remember. Its bad.
Quote:The game was really weird. PI call was bogus, the personal foul call was bogus but the big thing I took away was that we NEVER take advantage of opportunities.

We had opportoonies man but we didn't take advantage man. But I liked that this group competed and got better man and that's all that matters man!