Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: EMBRACE Mediocrity (second-rate, poor, shoddy)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The key to success for a Jaguars fan is not to expect too much and I promise you, you will never be disappointed. If you accept your lot in life as I have and embrace the losing and love your team despite it's perpetual shortcomings you will have achieved something the team never will. Hope to you see you at the next home game with your head Jagbaggie...

-George  :yes: 

I endorse this philosophy - mediocrity is the new "in" thing in Jacksonville.  Embrace it and forget about the playoffs and the glory years of the Jags when we almost made it to the Superbowl.  

Unfortunately this will not reflect on my season ticket prices

Mediocrity would be a step up.

Oh and this post sucks and the Op is stupid.
This thread is what I expected, thanks.

Draft Mariota.  Don't want a Roethlisberger/Leftwich 2.0 again.

The Jags would have to win five or six more games a year to be mediocre. The Jags are on an epic slide since 2008. NEXT year we might be mediocre.

<span>me<span>diocre</span></span>
<div> 
</div>

<div style="font-size:20px;color:rgb(151,151,151);"><span>[mee-dee-<span style="font-weight:bold;">oh-ker] </span>Spell Syllables</span>
</div>

<ul class="">[*]Examples
[*]Word Origin
</ul>

<div>
adjective<div><span>1.</span>
<div><span>of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither goodnor bad; barely adequate:</span>
<div style="color:rgb(151,151,151);"><span><span>The car gets only mediocre mileage, but it's funto drive.</span></span>
<span>Synonyms: </span>undistinguishedcommonplace,pedestrianeverydayrun-of-the-mill.
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
Quote: 

<div>mediocre
<div> 
</div>

<div style="font-size:20px;color:rgb(151,151,151);">[mee-dee-oh-ker] Spell Syllables
</div>

<div>adjective
<div>1.
<div>of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither goodnor bad; barely adequate:
<div style="color:rgb(151,151,151);">The car gets only mediocre mileage, but it's funto drive.
Synonyms: undistinguishedcommonplace,pedestrianeverydayrun-of-the-mill.
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

</div>
Ouch - we are nowhere near mediocre. 
Quote:Ouch - we are nowhere near mediocre. 

Not even close...

Well, not as a team.

I think our D is a little bit above mediocre, to be honest.  Maybe I'm wearing teal glasses, but I think our D can be elite with just a few right additions.

Our offense is hot garbage at this point in time.  

And our Special teams?  Well they are the Jaguars offense of NFL special teams.
When Gus said he will not accept Mediocrity, he was right.

I embrace it so well I don't attend games any longer.

What I would give to simply be mediocre right about now.

..... funny to think that Dallas complains about being 8-8 for 3 consecutive years.  

Quote:..... funny to think that Dallas complains about being 8-8 for 3 consecutive years.  

8-8 for 3 straight years would get a coach inducted into the pride at this point. 
Quote:8-8 for 3 straight years would get a coach inducted into the pride at this point. 
Yeah and probably a lifetime contract to go with it!
Wow. Jdub does have a boyfriend after all......

Quote:Ouch - we are nowhere near mediocre.

Exactly. I have no clue what this thread is even talking about.
Quote:What I would give to simply be mediocre right about now.

Be careful what you wish for. Mediocrity is a dangerous place.
Quote:Draft Mariota.  Don't want a Roethlisberger/Leftwich 2.0 again.

Ain't happening.
Pages: 1 2