Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The offense and the second half struggle. Shutout twice in a row
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This team's theme all year has been to struggle in the second half.  We have been shutout numerous times and the point difference is just sicking this season.  My question to you is why?  This team is like Jeckle/Hyde.  Are we out coached or out manned? Fixed

You can't say the coaching isn't a problem when you're dealing with such a staggering lack of production. But to be so consistently bad in the 2nd half - there's no way it could be accomplished without bad players on the field. So it's all of the above - a true team effort in perfected atrociousness. 

I would say both.........

can it be both?

I don't think players play well in the first half, and then miraculously stop playing well the second half nearly every single game. All coaching.

Not only can it be both, IT IS BOTH.

Rookie QB and a horrible O-Line are gonna have struggles.

Compound that with an offensive philosophy and play calling that creates mismatches that magnify our weaknesses and you have our offense.
How about out-reffed?  When the key play in a close road game, leading to the only offensive TD by the home team, is a phantom call, you know you outplayed AND outcoached the home team.

They must of threw that stupid short swing pass to Lee for no gain

NFL probably directs the other team to keep it close, since Khan is pushing London for them, keeps them from blowouts week in week out so he can keep ticket sales up.

That's really the only thing that can explain the constant Jekyll and Hyde act, as soon as the half ends the other team gets their feet under them?  Yeah I'm not buying it anymore.  

Quote:They must of threw that stupid short swing pass to Lee for no gain
Yeah, like 3 to 4 times at least. It's a terrible play.

These games are just horrible to watch. We spot the other team 7 every week. Ugh...makes me want to puke.

It's not all O-line, BB holds the ball too long, then throws some ridiculously inaccurate passes.

It's been a disappointing season to say the least. I'll say this though, they didn't quit. Good on them.
Quote:How about out-reffed?  When the key play in a close road game, leading to the only offensive TD by the home team, is a phantom call, you know you outplayed AND outcoached the home team.

Oh yeah?  How did we outcoach the other team when we didn't score a single point in the 2nd half?  You can't expect to win in this league up by 1 or 2 going into the 2nd half and then not scoring a single point.  That's just not how it's done.

But I like your spin.

Even without that phantom call, the Ravens drove down the field in the 4th and kicked a FG that would have put them up by 1 if they didn't score a TD...  So we lost either way, my friend.
Quote:Oh yeah?  How did we outcoach the other team when we didn't score a single point in the 2nd half?  You can't expect to win in this league up by 1 or 2 going into the 2nd half and then not scoring a single point.  That's just not how it's done.

But I like your spin.

Even without that phantom call, the Ravens drove down the field in the 4th and kicked a FG that would have put them up by 1 if they didn't score a TD...  So we lost either way, my friend.
You don't understand these tools who keep shouting the company line.  There is always a way to point the finger somewhere else
Outside of the Titans we have the weakest SoS of the 2-11 teams.

Someone needs to tell Fisch the endzone is toward those big yellow goalposts, not the orange line-of-scrimmage markers.

Pathetic...absolutely pathetic
Out coached

Out manned

Out schemed

Out sacked

Out flanked

Out refed

Out corned

On the brightside: the Jags did out trick play the Ravens today.

What I see is that the offense is so bad that the defense just wears down in the second half.  I don't care how conditioned you are, you just can't win when you're on the field for so long.  I'll bet if the offense gets fixed, our second half production will improve in proportion.

Quote:Someone needs to tell Fisch the endzone is toward those big yellow goalposts, not the orange line-of-scrimmage markers.

Pathetic...absolutely pathetic

I've dubbed it the East Coast offense.  We detest going north and south.  Sideways is what we attack.  And we're darn good at it too!
Quote:I've dubbed it the East Coast offense.  We detest going north and south.  Sideways is what we attack.  And we're darn good at it too!

I saw the "East Coast Offense" thing earlier.  That's classic...
Quote:I've dubbed it the East Coast offense.  We detest going north and south.  Sideways is what we attack.  And we're darn good at it too!

Yes, perfectly named. Hilarious
Shameful performance by OL. Continues to be overpowered and outfinessed
Pages: 1 2