Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: These Weeks in the AFC South-Weeks 15 & 16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As I indicated earlier, I will be out of town and likely away from internet access.  Accordingly, I am posting my picks for the next two weeks in this thread.  Hopefully this will not lead to any confusion.

Week 15

Jaguars at Ravens-I do not see Joeckel and Young having much success blocking Suggs and Dumervil.  I do not see the Jaguars running the ball particularly well with no Denard Robinson to exploit the Ravens outside pass rush.  Ravens 28 Jaguars 13

Houston at Indy-Colts are a game away from clinching the division.  Texans still in the hunt for the playoffs.  Though Watt is beasting right now, the Colts are a better team, starting, most importantly, at QB.  Colts 30, Texans 21.

NYJ (2-11) at Tennessee (2-11)-The first of two, back to back Repus Bowls for the Tacks.  This may be a Mariota/Winston bowl.  Tennessee wins at home 20-14.

Week 16

Tennessee at Jacksonville-Jacksonville wins 17-13

Ravens at Texans-Ravens win  24-20

Colts at Cowboys-Dallas wins 28-24

Quote:As I indicated earlier, I will be out of town and likely away from internet access.  Accordingly, I am posting my picks for the next two weeks in this thread.  Hopefully this will not lead to any confusion.

Week 15

Jaguars at Ravens-I do not see Joeckel and Young having much success blocking Suggs and Dumervil.  I do not see the Jaguars running the ball particularly well with no Denard Robinson to exploit the Ravens outside pass rush.  Ravens 28 Jaguars 13

Houston at Indy-Colts are a game away from clinching the division.  Texans still in the hunt for the playoffs.  Though Watt is beasting right now, the Colts are a better team, starting, most importantly, at QB.  Colts 30, Texans 21.

NYJ (2-11) at Tennessee (2-11)-The first of two, back to back Repus Bowls for the Tacks.  This may be a Mariota/Winston bowl.  Tennessee wins at home 20-14.

Week 16

Tennessee at Jacksonville-Jacksonville wins 17-13

Ravens at Texans-Ravens win  24-20

Colts at Cowboys-Dallas wins 28-24

Bullseye, I agree with your picks, but man that NYJ/titan game is hard to call. So much failure on the field there. Probably more than when the titans face the Jaguars.

Ravens, colts, and titans in week 15.

Week sixteen I'll take the Jaguars because I think the titans were really lucky to escape with a win 10 weeks ago. I don't see them slithering out of town with another lucky W.

I think the texans will be reeling after their playoff eliminating loss to the colts and end their season by crashing and burning. So the Ravens should be able to handle them.

The colts, on the other hand, will at this point have practically nothing to play for while Dallas is hoping to save their playoff run so they'll be the more motivated team.

Jags, ravens, cowboys in week 16.
Week # 14 Results: 2-1.   I thought I went 3-0 but inadvertently wrote down Jacksonville as the winner of their game against the Texans despite my brief description of the game.   I will except this as a loss,  being that it was my mistake.

Overall Results: 30-14

Week # 15 Selections:

Baltimore over Jacksonville.   The stakes for the Ravens are high.  Any remaining loss could cost them a playoff spot.   

Indianapolis over Houston.     The Colts have too much firepower for the Texans to overcome on the road.   Colts also seem to have the Texans number.

NY Jets over Tennessee.       The Jets were competitive in their last two games.   Tennessee has the look of a team that's counting down the days to the end of the season.

I'll do just week 15 to begin with...

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">3-0 last week.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">33-11 overall.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Colts over Texans

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Ravens over Jags

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Titans over Jets

Bullseye, I call them Toilet Bowls. Right now Winston and Mariota are the favorites for the #1 pick, but we have seen how much projections change after the combine. Remember Brady Quinn, Blaine Gabbert, and Geno Smith were favorites for the #1 pick too. So I hate the term "Mariota/Winston Bowl" because it is impossible to know if either of them will be top five picks before April 30.

Quote:I'll do just week 14 to begin with...

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">3-0 last week.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">33-11 overall.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Colts over Texans

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Ravens over Jags

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Titans over Jets

You mean Week 15? Week 14 is over.
Quote:You mean Week 15? Week 14 is over.

To paraphrase him from another thread: "A week = a week"
Last week 3-0

Overall 32-12

Baltimore over Jacksonville - The Ravens have too much at stake, the Jaguars are playing for pride.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Indianapolis over Houston - Both teams need a win.  For the Colts it could mean a possibly bye and for the Texans a possible Wildcard spot.  The Colts are at home and the better team.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">NY Jets over Tennessee - This one is tough to pick.  Both teams have a bit of chaos going on right now.  At first I was going to give the Titans the nod simply because they are at home, but I still think the Jets may be the better team.

Quote:Baltimore over Jacksonville - The Ravens have too much at stake, the Jaguars are playing for pride.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Indianapolis over Houston - Both teams need a win.  For the Colts it could mean a possibly bye and for the Texans a possible Wildcard spot.  The Colts are at home and the better team.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">NY Jets over Tennessee - This one is tough to pick.  Both teams have a bit of chaos going on right now.  At first I was going to give the Titans the nod simply because they are at home, but I still think the Jets may be the better team.

The Colts will win the division Sunday if they beat the Texsns, but would be lucky to pass up Denver for a bye week. The Steelers own a tiebreaker with the Ravens (division record), so Baltimore is in do-or-die mode.
Quote:You mean Week 15? Week 14 is over.

Yes, hence the game picks. My mistake.
Bullseye, you in the military?

I can't think of an out of town location that is void of the internet. Stay safe.

Still an awesome thread idea you have going on ... Maybe next year you can add a point spread for an additional +1 point for each AFC South game.  Give it a little extra character. Winner for 1 point, cover/or not cover the line for another 1 point.

Anyway, thumbs up for your efforts putting this together.  :thumbsup:
Ravans in a 48-3 blowout

Colts win good one vs texans.

Titans win knocking us into last place in division again.

Alright CW.  I've got your behind.

3-0 this week

Overall 35-12

Yikes.

2-1 this week.

35-12 overall.

The titans show once again why they're the team I love to hate.

Last week: 2-1.

Overall: 35-12.

Jags over Titans

Cowboys over Colts

Ravens over Texans

I went 2-1 this last week

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">I guess we're going to use this thread for this week as well.  Here's how I see it at this point.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Jacksonville over Tennessee

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Indianapolis over Dallas - Note:  I initially would have picked the Cowboys, but with DeMarco Murray's status I'm leaning towards the Colts.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Baltimore over Houston

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">3-0 last week

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Overall 35-12

Week # 15 results:  3-0.

Overall: 33-14

Week # 16 Selections:

Jacksonville over Tennessee.   It's hard to picture this Tennessee team winning 2 games against an opponent this season.  

Dallas over Indianapolis.    The Colts seem locked into the 3rd or 4th Seed.   The Cowboys have much more at stake in this game.  

Baltimore over Houston.    The Texans QB situation puts them in an extremely difficult position against a good Ravens team that might not have any margin of error.

Quote:Bullseye, you in the military?

I can't think of an out of town location that is void of the Internet. Stay safe.

Still an awesome thread idea you have going on ... Maybe next year you can add a point spread for an additional +1 point for each AFC South game.  Give it a little extra character. Winner for 1 point, cover/or not cover the line for another 1 point.

Anyway, thumbs up for your efforts putting this together.

Yellowstone National Park has no Internet access and probably is not the only one.

I hope wherever Bullseye went, he has no problem watching NFL Network.
Pages: 1 2