Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The first Christmas present you actually remember getting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
After reading the other Christmas thread, "The Truth", I starting thinking about the first Christmas present that I remember getting as a little kid. I know I got presents well before this, but this is the first one I actually remember getting. I think I was maybe 3-4 years old.. Also thought this would be a pretty cool thread, to see the first present that everyone remembers getting.. 

Mine was the Fisher Price Car Garage, complete with drivers and cars.. I played with that damn thing seems like forever.. Gotta love vintage nostalgia..

[Image: 142ahd0.jpg]

I remember one Christmas in particular I think I was 9 or 10. It was at my Grandmothers and I remember the Jaguars vs Steelers checker board, Jaguars leather Jacket and inside my parents wrapped a Star Wars video game for my N64.

Quote:I remember one Christmas in particular I think I was 9 or 10. It was at my Grandmothers and I remember the Jaguars vs Steelers checker board, Jaguars leather Jacket and inside my parents wrapped a Star Wars video game for my N64.

The first Christmas present you remember getting you were either 8 or 9?  Huh
Quote:The first Christmas present you remember getting you were either 8 or 9? Huh

Don't remember much before that Christmas wasn't that they where horrible or anything just that Christmas had dominated my memory for decades.
[Image: 5346825355_37fbb760d9_z.jpg]

[Image: vintage-fisher-price-little-people-tudor...ies-46.jpg]

Quote:[Image: 5346825355_37fbb760d9_z.jpg]

[Image: vintage-fisher-price-little-people-tudor...ies-46.jpg]

I had both of those too! :thumbsup:
[Image: 5.jpg]

The Barbie Friend Ship... Guess this was before Barbie hooked up with Ken and had to work for a living.
[Image: Original-Nintendo-64.jpg]

I was 6 when it came out, and can still remember playing the hell out of Super Mario 64. Was super stoked when I got it. Favorite present I got was probably when I was 12, got a drumset.

[Image: NES-Zelda-Gold-Cartridge-Small.jpg]

Man, I wish I still had it.

[Image: 41EFEPH0QKL.jpg]

Can still remember being stoked about it. Took it EVERYWHERE with me.
Hell. I have trouble remembering what I did yesterday.
My brother and I each got one of those punching bags that were three or four feet tall.  One was Rocky and the other was Mr T.

Quote:Can still remember being stoked about it. Took it EVERYWHERE with me.

I remember having a MF as a kid.  I just can't remember actually getting it at Christmas.  Another thing I regret was taking it outside and pretending Han and Chewie were crashing and tearing it all up.  So foolish!
I am totally dating myself with this one...but yeah, I was 6 or 7.

[Image: complete.jpg]
Quote:I am totally dating myself with this one...but yeah, I was 6 or 7.

[Image: complete.jpg]

I loved the Commodore 64!
[Image: 1976-stingray.jpg]

I had 2 older brothers, and usually got hand-me-down bikes as they grew.  My first new bike was a Bicentennial Edition Schwinn Stingray (bike on the left).  I beat the heck out of that bike keeping up with my buddies on BMX bikes, jumping ridiculous plywood ramps, and riding the trails in the woods near where I grew up.  When I was old enough, that bike became a workhorse as I did a 200 client paper route in my neighborhood.  It was repainted twice, and the rims were replaced once.  The banana seat was retired for a BMX seat, and it eventually had a Wald basket slapped on the front for the paper route.  We eventually sold it in a garage sale.  Had I kept the bike, and taken better care of it, it would be worth more than $1,000 on the collectors market today.

The best part about this bike was getting it on Christmas day.  I still have a picture hanging on the wall here in my office of me and my dad, I'm sitting on the bike wearing my OJ Simpson pajamas.  Yeah, good times. 

Super Nintendo when I was 7.  I was so excited about it.  I still have it, of course.  I tend to keep most Christmas presents people get me, even if I don't like it (and I loved the SNES)  I probably spent more than two thousand hours with that machine.  

Quote:Super Nintendo when I was 7.  I was so excited about it.  I still have it, of course.  I tend to keep most Christmas presents people get me, even if I don't like it (and I loved the SNES)  I probably spent more than two thousand hours with that machine.  

I actually just pulled mine out of a box last night.  Contemplated selling it, but they arent worth a ton.
It was a cool gift at first, but after watching the train go around the oval track about 100 times I put it up and never played with it again.

][Image: box.jpg?1415563826]
Quote:I actually just pulled mine out of a box last night.  Contemplated selling it, but they arent worth a ton.

I still have mine and all the games with it. My son and I have what we like to call "retro game night" and will bring that out and have a blast playing together!
Pages: 1 2 3