Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Looks like y'all got some protest action going on down there
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hart Bridge

I'm all about peaceful protesting but during rush hour traffic on the Hart Bridge? For real? Has there been any other protesting going on down there?

In my small town in NC the only thing people would protest is if someone tried to take guns away from the hunters. Then it would be Armageddon. 

Quote:Hart Bridge

I'm all about peaceful protesting but during rush hour traffic on the Hart Bridge? For real? Has there been any other protesting going on down there?

In my small town in NC the only thing people would protest is if someone tried to take guns away from the hunters. Then it would be Armageddon. 
Just be thankful that you live in a place where you don't have to deal with all of the garbage that happens in the major city's.

They also did it this morning on 95 near Emerson...blocked the road during rush hour then too. What are these idiots trying to do, get themselves killed by playing in the middle of traffic???

Can someone tell me what they are hoping to accomplish by doing this? The people driving to work have no say in how police in other cities do anything.
Take em all to jail and lettem sit there.. You just don't block traffic on a bridge like that. I saw this on the news. They even blocked an ambulance that was transporting a patient.. 

Scum of the earth..

The funniest thing about this group of protesters is that if you put a map in front of them and asked them where Ferguson, MO is, most of them wouldn't have a clue. 

They were at the jail last night protesting the arrest of those JSO actually took into custody.  What a bunch of sheep. 

Quote:What a bunch of sheep.

So true!!
Quote:Just be thankful that you live in a place where you don't have to deal with all of the garbage that happens in the major city's.
Dude I used to live in Jacksonville; west side, north side, beaches, Springfield, Riverside. Pretty much every neighborhood there is so I know what it's like. Other than missing the Jags and better shopping opportunities, I do not miss Jacksonville at all. Not even a little bit. Not the traffic, not the crowded and crappy beach, not the 'hood copters. None of it.
Quote:The funniest thing about this group of protesters is that if you put a map in front of them and asked them where Ferguson, MO is, most of them wouldn't have a clue. 

They were at the jail last night protesting the arrest of those JSO actually took into custody.  What a bunch of sheep. 
So true. 
Bunch of bums. They need to go get a job instead of standing in the road blocking people who have things to do. Michael Brown is a criminal. Well, was. His name shouldn't be the face of this. How stupid are people?
People were protesting the shooting of the 16 year old on the way to the bus stop.  Peaceful....it was the right kind of protesting.  

I hate reading comments of articles, but someone made a good point.....until people in neighborhoods with high crime rates starting turning in the bad guys, it will be hard to change things there.

Quote:People were protesting the shooting of the 16 year old on the way to the bus stop.  Peaceful....it was the right kind of protesting.  

I hate reading comments of articles, but someone made a good point.....until people in neighborhoods with high crime rates starting turning in the bad guys, it will be hard to change things there.
i feel like one of the big problems with this movement is the entire points gets skewed and lost when the demonstrations start rubbing people the wrong way... the whole point, at least what i understand, is to try and bring awareness to law enforcement using excessive force when not needed, and i guess bring a more just form of punishment to the law enforcement that abuses it... imo, the two instances people are using are highly controversial at best which really doesn't help there movement when things start unfolding in a violent and disruptive manner.... but when a movement deliberately targets people who not only have nothing to do with the root problem, but can't possibly do anything to benefit the cause(ie. disrupting traffic or burning down stores), that movement is going nowhere.

what i dont understand is what this movement's targeting as an end result.... i mean, do they want cops to say "ok, u win no more excessive force"? or the supreme court to say" your right lets give those cops the death penalty"... maybe im the moron but i just dont see it... the only effect any of these protests seem to have is increasing tension between people around the country..not sure how that solves much.. maybe its just me, but when i ask myself why people are demonstrating in the manner we are seeing, all i can think is- they are frustrated and want to riot, not solve any sort of societal problems, not achieve any common goal for the betterment of people, just straight up rioting for the sake of rioting.

one of my buddies, who is cool guy but we share some different perspectives life, was at the protest before thanksgiving in newyork... which was a super lame [BAD WORD REMOVED] display to start with... we were talking about it and he literally said "i was there because it was going on, i did it cause i could"... he literally has no real opinion on any of it, i mean he doesn't like cops but thats more because he smokes pot and got busted lol.... but it made me wonder how many people are out there just because they can be there, i would wager it is more than you would think.

Quote:Dude I used to live in Jacksonville; west side, north side, beaches, Springfield, Riverside. Pretty much every neighborhood there is so I know what it's like. Other than missing the Jags and better shopping opportunities, I do not miss Jacksonville at all. Not even a little bit. Not the traffic, not the crowded and crappy beach, not the 'hood copters. None of it.

You must live in one of those towns that when I pass on the road I think "Who in their right mind would live in this dump!?"
Blocking traffic is not a good way to make friends or influence people.  

Quote:You must live in one of those towns that when I pass on the road I think "Who in their right mind would live in this dump!?"
Nah, I actually live in the golf mecca of central North Carolina. There's a lot of money here and it shows in many ways. Our county is supposedly the most expensive one in NC.  That sucks for various reasons but it's actually a really nice area. I'd rather live in the mountains but my husband's career/job, family and wanting to be close to our church keeps us here.