Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Inside the Numbers on Gus and the coaching crew 2nd half atrocities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
There are some very naive people on this board who believe Gus and the rest are doing a good job.  This boggles my mind with the win record combined with the blowouts.   But again some of these people defended Jack/Gene to the death. 

I believe good coaches earn their money in the second half of football games.  Teams go into the locker room to regroup and adjust their game plan to win the game.  NOT this team.  While other teams are adjust Gus is back there scooping ice cream.  This team fails time and time again in the second half and shows a failure of a staff unable to make adjustments.  Lets look:

All Second half numbers in 2014:  Also keep in mind some of these games were blowouts and the opposing team were playing soft prevent or had their backups in

-In 13 games only 4 times has this team outscored their opponent in the second half

-The point difference is just sickening  182-106  WOW that is just atroicious

-The team has been shut out 4 times in the second half with 2 other games just a fg

I could keep going but these 3 stats alone just boggle my mind.  How can a coach and his staff perform so badly and people continue to make excuses for them.  WOW

Coach of the year right here fellas: Sick

But it's rookies. He can't do anything because they aren't up to speed on the NFL.  He's only had two years.  He can't help they drop passes.  He's a great cheerleader, I mean motivator.

[Image: 25tazp3.gif]

Quote:But it's rookies. He can't do anything because they aren't up to speed on the NFL.  He's only had two years.  He can't help they drop passes.  He's a great cheerleader, I mean motivator.

[Image: 25tazp3.gif]
[Image: 2746728-2746728-3491681832-nicol.gif]
This is a bad topic.  It's already been proven mathematically that this team is statistically improving and by 2039 we will be right in the playoff hunt. 

Just gotta give the coaching staff 25 years to get it right; you can't just get rid of bad coaches every few years.  
Quote:There are some very naive people on this board who believe Gus and the rest are doing a good job.  This boggles my mind with the win record combined with the blowouts.   But again some of these people defended Jack/Gene to the death. 

I believe good coaches earn their money in the second half of football games.  Teams go into the locker room to regroup and adjust their game plan to win the game.  NOT this team.  While other teams are adjust Gus is back there scooping ice cream.  This team fails time and time again in the second half and shows a failure of a staff unable to make adjustments.  Lets look:

All Second half numbers in 2014:  Also keep in mind some of these games were blowouts and the opposing team were playing soft prevent or had their backups in

-In 13 games only 4 times has this team outscored their opponent in the second half

-The point difference is just sickening  182-106  WOW that is just atroicious

-The team has been shut out 4 times in the second half with 2 other games just a fg

I could keep going but these 3 stats alone just boggle my mind.  How can a coach and his staff perform so badly and people continue to make excuses for them.  WOW

Coach of the year right here fellas: Sick

If only the coaching staff would listen to you.

Meanwhile Bradley runs an NFL team and you ... are in Home Room.
Quote:If only the coaching staff would listen to you.

There is so much good discussion here...

And then we have you.

[Image: Thanks-for-Nothing.jpg]
Quote:There is so much good discussion here...

And then we have you.

[Image: Thanks-for-Nothing.jpg]

Man, your criteria for "so much good discussion here" is whining and moaning and producing stats that are obvious and have been mentioned 313 times since last Monday?

That's all you can do? We've seen your agenda. Over and over. Just another moaner who thinks he has some great insight but never displays it.

That's it? Never anything original?

Gus should coach a Pop Warner team. He would do wonders for those kids' self-esteem. He should definitely find a new OC though, because I'm sure Fisch would still call terrible plays at the pee wee level.
Yep, gotta be the play calls. With different play calls this team would be executing on all levels.
Quote:Man, your criteria for "so much good discussion here" is whining and moaning and producing stats that are obvious and have been mentioned 313 times since last Monday?

That's all you can do? We've seen your agenda. Over and over. Just another moaner who thinks he has some great insight but never displays it.

That's it? Never anything original?

Thanks bud! :thanks:
Having no talent is not an excuse. Lol.

Quote:Gus should coach a Pop Warner team. He would do wonders for those kids' self-esteem.

Kids' self-esteem? Man, haven't you heard those commercials? Gus is much too extreme for those poor little kids' psyche. Even after he dials it down and promotes getting to do "other really awesome things" he's still terrifying those poor kids.

Gus is a perfect fit for the NFL, where he gets to coach real men who aren't scared of him.

Runs an NFL team into the ground.  Anyone can do that. 
This topic is hilarious. This team sucks so bad, and we are all turning on each other because of it. Lets just all agree it's the whole team, coaches and players. We need to fix it both. Whoever thinks we are good with coaching and players needs to put down the pipe.

What does him not being an NFL coach have anything to do with the topic at hand? Are you insinuating that you are only allowed to critique if you have NFL coaching experience? I fail to understand this post.
Superbowl 2039 !!!!!!!!

So, we outscored our opponent 4x in the 2nd half this season.

WOW .... 1 of those games was vs Indy when we were down 30-0 at halftime and outscored Indy 17-14 in the 2nd half.    Not certain I can even give Gus and the staff credit for this one.  Indy just wanted to get home with a W and no injuries by the 2nd half.

LOL .... another one was Dallas when we were down 31-7 and scored 10 points in the 4th quarter to beat the Cowboys in the 2nd half by the score of 10-7  Wallbash

Giants and Titans are the only 2 credible games in which we outscored our opponent in the 2nd half.

Quote:What does him not being an NFL coach have anything to do with the topic at hand? Are you insinuating that you are only allowed to critique if you have NFL coaching experience? I fail to understand this post.

If you're a fan of constant whining and negativity - you'll love this guy.

Did you see the post of his I referenced? He offered nothing new, nothing insightful, just some stale stats used to make him look like he knows something. That may impress his school friends, but it gets old.

If you think you're some much smarter than the coaches why follow this team? If they won't listen to his brilliance he really needs to jump on the Seahawks bandwagon, as they have one seat available.
Pages: 1 2 3