Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars set NFL record of most double digit losses in three year span
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

<div> 
</div>
Quote:<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/GeneFrenette'>Eugene Frenette‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@GeneFrenette</span></a>
</div>
<p class="" style="font-size:28px;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(41,47,51);"><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a> set a modern-day NFL record with 27th double-digit loss in last 3 years, breaking mark of 26 by Houston Oilers 1971-73 and 72-74.
<p class="" style="font-size:28px;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(41,47,51);"> 

<p class="" style="font-size:28px;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(41,47,51);">At this point, nothing surprises me. They outchea breaking records for futility.

<p class="" style="font-size:28px;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(41,47,51);"> 

inb4 that's what happens when you do a complete rebuild....

as if we're the only team in 45 years to do a "complete rebuild".

Numb....just numb now.

Not surprised but to think that this team has essentially been "blown out" more than any NFL team in the last 45 years is just incredible.

At least we are newsworthy for something!

[Image: 51333448.jpg]

We are number 1!

In other words, we suck again.

We need to set our goals higher.  Wonder what the Houston 4-year record is for double digit losses ----- LET'S DO THIS  !!! 

As bad as Detroit and Tampa where in the down years, why don't they hold such records ?   I guess we're already below the low standards they set during their down years.

So what exactly is the case for keeping Bradley and co. around?  Seriously...other than saying "they will be good?"

Quote:As bad as Detroit and Tampa where in the down years, why don't they hold such records ?   I guess we're already below the low standards they set during their down years.

The Bucs of the 80's and early 90's were about as bad as bad can be....and we're worse than that.

The Bengals of the 90's and early 2000's were close....and we're worse than that.
The last three years have been about as bad as any three years stretch in post-merger league history.

It is sad that the team that we all follow and cheer for has fallen this far.

It is sad that we look forward to the draft and free agency the way that fans of the Colts, Eagles, Packers, Patriots and Ravens look forward to the playoffs.

What goes down must come up, right?
Quote:The last three years have been about as bad as any three years stretch in post-merger league history.

It is sad that the team that we all follow and cheer for has fallen this far.

It is sad that we look forward to the draft and free agency the way that fans of the Colts, Eagles, Packers, Patriots and Ravens look forward to the playoffs.

I don't look forward to the draft and free agency anymore.  I use to think I knew who we were drafting but all the over the top analysis has kinda of pulled the joy out of it.  I will keep buying the merchandise and throwing my support at the team but really my rah rah is tamped down until we see real upward movement.

The last decade has been very very sad.  Poor drafting and awful free agency has lead us to this operation of no spend until we have to cap management.  At least the team is profitable in Jacksonville at this point.

Edit:  I don't even really read Jaguars.com anymore.  The daily mailbag is over played and feels like groundhog day.

Quote:I don't look forward to the draft and free agency anymore.  I use to think I knew who we were drafting but all the over the top analysis has kinda of pulled the joy out of it.  I will keep buying the merchandise and throwing my support at the team but really my rah rah is tamped down until we see real upward movement.

The last decade has been very very sad.  Poor drafting and awful free agency has lead us to this operation of no spend until we have to cap management.  At least the team is profitable in Jacksonville at this point.

Edit:  I don't even really read Jaguars.com anymore.  The daily mailbag is over played and feels like groundhog day.

I am right there with you. I have two kids that are both Jaguar die-hards. I almost feel bad loss after loss after loss after loss. Last week my son was as excited after the Giants game as he probably will be on Christmas morning.
Quote:So what exactly is the case for keeping Bradley and co. around?  Seriously...other than saying "they will be good?"
Because the players will have to learn a new "scheme" and throw this awesome one we are using out the window.............oh oh oh and "rookies"
Are we the worst franchise in a 3 years span in NFL history?

[Image: om.gif]

Quote:What goes down must come up, right?

Except its going to come up in some other location since nobody goes to games anymore.

Well at least we have that going for us.

Pages: 1 2