Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Reggie Wayne done?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sad to see the great receiver playing like he did today, worst I've ever seen him play.

Anyone think he's got anything left? I think realistically we all knew he was about done when he did his knee (apart from colts warriors)
Lets not forget, it was ak innacurate throw from Luck that hurt his knee.
He was really bad today. Worst game I've ever seen from him. It's sad to see his career end this way. He was his normal self the beginning of the year but has slumped off in a huge way the last ~3ish weeks.

After the game Pagano said he was playing through a "torn tri".... which is interesting... And I have no idea whether to believe that as true or not.

Quote:He was really bad today. Worst game I've ever seen from him. It's sad to see his career end this way. He was his normal self the beginning of the year but has slumped off in a huge way the last ~3ish weeks.

After the game Pagano said he was playing through a "torn tri".... which is interesting... And I have no idea whether to believe that as true or not.

If Reggie Wayne has a torn triceps now he should be on injured reserve again. I think he is simply over the hill and being thrown at less because younger receivers get more big chunks of yards.
Quote:If Reggie Wayne has a torn triceps now he should be on injured reserve again. I think he is simply over the hill and being thrown at less because younger receivers get more big chunks of yards.

He should indeed be on IR if he has a torn triceps... He also should not have been playing in this game, if true (unless it happened during the game, of course).

Problem wasn't him being thrown at less, he was plain out dropping the ball. It was very un-Reggie like.
Reggie is, along with Edge, my all time favorite Colt. And it sucks seeing him decline so quickly. He had at least 3 drops today that would make DHB cringe.

Pagano needs to sit Reggie for a few weeks and get him some rest before playoff time. Start Moncrief - he's the future and he appears ready for a bigger role.

Reggie is a gamer and I still expect him to make a couple critical plays before the season ends. Get him some rest before the playoffs and let's see if the old guy can turn back the clock in the playoffs for a few games. I'd never bet against him.
Quote:Reggie is, along with Edge, my all time favorite Colt. And it sucks seeing him decline so quickly. He had at least 3 drops today that would make DHB cringe.

Pagano needs to sit Reggie for a few weeks and get him some rest before playoff time. Start Moncrief - he's the future and he appears ready for a bigger role.

Reggie is a gamer and I still expect him to make a couple critical plays before the season ends. Get him some rest before the playoffs and let's see if the old guy can turn back the clock in the playoffs for a few games. I'd never bet against him.

Agree with everything said.

Reggie is my all time favorite Colt. Not even close.

People outside of Indy have no idea how much Colts fans love Reggie, lol.
When his contract was up here recently, I really wanted JAX to make a run at him. But nooooooo, Gene Smith had to go and sign Laurent Robinson.

Quote:Lets not forget, it was ak innacurate throw from Luck that hurt his knee.

Man, if all it takes to hurt a knee is an inaccurate pass, it's a miracle Henne didn't kill half of the entire Jaguars roster, and Bortles the other half.

Seasons not over yet, I guess.
Quote:Man, if all it takes to hurt a knee is an inaccurate pass, it's a miracle Henne didn't kill half of the entire Jaguars roster, and Bortles the other half.

That's what I thought. Gabbert could have disabled the entire population
Quote:Man, if all it takes to hurt a knee is an inaccurate pass, it's a miracle Henne didn't kill half of the entire Jaguars roster, and Bortles the other half.

Now that's funny lol.
Quote:That's what I thought. Gabbert could have disabled the entire population

You just made me realize what has been wrong with the 49'ers ... Gabbert broke them.  Harbaugh may never be the same again.
I could be delusional but I think I got notification from Yahoo when I was sleeping that Wayne might play this week. We will see if maybe they let him rest a week or so it might help him get right.
Quote:I could be delusional but I think I got notification from Yahoo when I was sleeping that Wayne might play this week. We will see if maybe they let him rest a week or so it might help him get right.

All of seen is that he's 100% playing.

Reggie said on his weekly radio show that he's been playing with a partially torn triceps since the Cincy game (week 7)...
Sad to see him having such a downward spiral as of late. I hope he doesnt ruin the rest of his life but trying to stick around too long.

As good as Wayne was, it is time for him to move on after this season.

Still love the guy like the Jags love them some Freddy.

This happened with Jimmy Smith.  One day, he just started dropping passes.  If anyone knows Jimmy Smith, he didn't do that.  It is probably time.  I heard a story about Tom Watson once where he said that one day on the golf course when he was putting he just got "fat hands" and couldn't putt the way he used to.  These athletes are such rare specimens that we forget that age catches up with them.