Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Progress -- Numbers don't lie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Points For = 247

Points Against = 449

2014 through 13 games

Points For = 199 ---> . 245 points thru 16 games

Points Against 356  --->  438 thru 16 games

The improvement is obvious ..... While our offense is on track to score 2 less points than last year (247 vs 245), our defense is on track to hold the opponent to 11 less points (449 vs 438) than they did in 2013.

If this trend continues for the next 25 years, in the year 2039 we will be scoring 195 points per season while giving up only 163 pointsThat's like beating the opponent by an average score of 12 to 10.   Pretty hard to have a losing record when you outscore your opponent by over 15% points per game.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT !!!!

I think Bradley gets until 2039. I mean, they blew it up so have to give them some time.

Well obviously this whole thing takes time.  We have rookies that are starting for us, for crying out loud.  You give Bradley and his staff a decade or so, and we'll have ourselves some real improvement that you will be able to recognize...

Players take time to develop. It's not like the last two Defensive Players of the Year were second year players.

A new coach developing a young team os a recipe for disaster.
Boy I thought this was serious.

Bunch of knee jerk madden players.  
Quote:A new coach developing a young team os a recipe for disaster.
I agree.  As much as I don't want a retread, I think that might be what's needed right now in our situation.  Hypothetically, if somebody like Jason Garrett or even Sean Payton were to come available, Khan better be sending out that jet.  Just my opinion,  at least to get these guys on the offensive staff on some capacity.
Quote:2013

Points For = 247

Points Against = 449

2014 through 13 games

The improvement is obvious ..... While our offense is on track to score 2 less points than last year (247 vs 245), our defense is on track to hold the opponent to 11 less points (449 vs 438) than they did in 2013.

If this trend continues for the next 25 years, in the year 2039 we will be scoring 195 points per season while giving up only 163 pointsThat's like beating the opponent by an average score of 12 to 10.   Pretty hard to have a losing record when you outscore your opponent by over 15% points per game.

Whooo hoooo, 2039 is right around the corner!!
So many ducks
We have the worst point differential in the league.... And that's improvement?
2039 Jaguars leading rusher: Kelvin Taylor Jr

I BELIEB IN VITORY

Quote:2013

Points For = 247

Points Against = 449

2014 through 13 games

This is awesome lol and you didn't even mention how many points for are end of game garbage points! :thumbsup:

Quote:I BELIEB IN VITORY
[Image: c8e46215ba98113681d5ffa46fd84b4e_crop_no...h=506&q=75]

lol
[Image: atTJa7M.jpg]

Rah rah Gus is giddy over a razor sharp win over a team that lost 6 in a row when the defense scored more than the offense. I'm so happy for him. Trust the process right? Sheeesh.

Where's my peace pipe?

Regards..................the Chiefjag

Quote:Rah rah Gus is giddy over a razor sharp win over a team that lost 6 in a row when the defense scored more than the offense. I'm so happy for him. Trust the process right? Sheeesh.

Where's my peace pipe?

Regards..................the Chiefjag

[Image: qQBvhzg.jpg]
I can see it now, In 2039 when the Jags make their next playoff, they will wheel out a few fans at halftime (like those Pearl Harbor vets)....

Stadium announcer " Let's give a hand to 85 year old fan Jim Smith Who was actually alive when the Jaguars won a playoff game. Mr Smith survived 30 years of torture in a Jaguar prisoner camp"

The crowd goes nuts!
Progress is an NFL term that is defined as "please buy tickets as we are admittedly bad today".

I give credit to the Jags marketing team for generating hope when the product on the field does not lend it self to showing hope, in a record setting bad way. 

Pages: 1 2