Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles Scrambles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gets sacked for a gain of five yards...wha...?
Who said that?

Yeah I heard the stadium announcer make that call. Pretty awful. The thing that bothers me is whoever is at the controls of the down & distance on the scoreboard needs to be "reassigned". Every game there are mutliple examples of it being wrong at the snap. It shouldn't be that difficult.
At least they are all on the same page..lol

Quote:Yeah I heard the stadium announcer make that call. Pretty awful. The thing that bothers me is whoever is at the controls of the down & distance on the scoreboard needs to be "reassigned". Every game there are mutliple examples of it being wrong at the snap. It shouldn't be that difficult.

I have noticed that too. There have been a few times where the board says third down but it's second. Or it says 1 yard to go when the first down was called.
Quote:Yeah I heard the stadium announcer make that call. Pretty awful. The thing that bothers me is whoever is at the controls of the down & distance on the scoreboard needs to be "reassigned". Every game there are mutliple examples of it being wrong at the snap. It shouldn't be that difficult.

I noticed that too. The offense was still on the field when the scoreboards read fourth and 2.
Those guys,knowing that they're working a Jags game, are probably knee deep in Martinis long before kickoff.
On another note, it is comforting to know that Bortles can slide. Sliding should be a req. of all dualthreat QBs.
Quote:On another note, it is comforting to know that Bortles can slide. Sliding should be a req. of all dualthreat QBs.

Today was not the first time we have seen him slide.