Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Shorts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
[Image: 10429467_821456417913153_852326600466923...e=54F9A0FC]

If Blackmon is coming back next year, I don't think it's worth bringing Shorts back. He's hurting the team more than he's producing at this point.

Such a shame but stats like that are killing us.

He hasn't done squat all season. He's the worst WR on the team and he's the most veteran. Just doesn't make any sense.
He bad

Shorts sucks so bad. He's supposed to be a security blanket for BB and he's nothing but a hinderance. Garbage..
Bringing him back should not even be a question.

Get rid of that bozo.

What the hell happened to him? Remember all of those huge plays he made in his 2nd year? Where did his speed and agility go?
He's usually benefits from garbage time stats and being the best receiver on a team with none, with Lee and Robinson, and hopefully Blackmon next season he's falls pretty hard. 

Quote:What the hell happened to him? Remember all of those huge plays he made in his 2nd year? Where did his speed and agility go?

He sucks...the defense figured him out
Draft Cooper
More evidence of an absolutely terrible game plan.  Nice job coaches then players.

Quote:More evidence of an absolutely terrible game plan.  Nice job coaches then players.
Not really on the coaches this stat buddy, Shorts should be catching more than 20% of passes and certainly picking up more than 3 yards on 10 targets. He was open on a number of those targets and he just dropped the ball.
Quote:Not really on the coaches this stat buddy, Shorts should be catching more than 20% of passes and certainly picking up more than 3 yards on 10 targets. He was open on a number of those targets and he just dropped the ball.

Okay give him the drops.  Is it obvious they are trying to force the plays his way?  How is that working out for the team?  I go on the fan thread posts.  My local station had to play the Miami v Baltimore game.  Next week has huge ugly potential.

EDIT:  The fan comments as the game progresses.  I'll watch it on NFL Rewind at some point this week but I'm sure the fan comments will stand pat against me eyeballing the game.

Eh I watched it on Gamepass and nothing was really forced. Bortles threw it his way multiple times when he was open or contesting the ball. One time Shorts had it then let it go right next to 2 Texans players and almost gave up an INT.

Quote:Okay give him the drops.  Is it obvious they are trying to force the plays his way?  How is that working out for the team?  I go on the fan thread posts.  My local station had to play the Miami v Baltimore game.  Next week has huge ugly potential.

EDIT:  The fan comments as the game progresses.  I'll watch it on NFL Rewind at some point this week but I'm sure the fan comments will stand pat against me eyeballing the game.

lol, watch the game before you comment.

He dropped a perfect pass in which he was wife open ten yards downfield.
Shorts is the only reciever that gets better stats laying down on the job...literally! He can catch standing up.

MJD: "Hey guys, I want you to meet our new receiver, say hi, Cecil."

Man it really sucks to see Shorts playing like this. I really like the guy and was supportive of him when people where saying we should ditch him because of his injury history (people can't help getting injured). But he's not adding anything to the team right now, he reminds me of a Mike Thomas "just another guy", not making the big plays like Marqise Lee and Allen Hurns did today and Allen Robinson did on pretty much every third down conversion before the injury.

That FBT dude told me he's the best reciever on the team. Dude is a genius and has all the answers.
Cecil Shorts will be in the CFL or AFL in 2 years. The guy is garbage; no way he gets a big deal like some organization said he was worth a 5yr/ 40 million contract. If you believe that I got some oceanfront property to sell you in Oklahoma.
He was drafted by Gene Smith; that alone should tell you about his potential.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5