Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars need to block Watt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This team needs to built to stop Watt. As we have seen the past two weeks with Watt. He is unblockable if you put Joe Schmore out there at RT. I would have no problem drafting the best blocking RT in college football at #1.

Until we find a way to stop JJ Watt, you can forget about us winning the division. Build the team to neutralize Watt.
Quote:This team needs to built to stop Watt. As we have seen the past two weeks with Watt. He is unblockable if you put Joe Schmore out there at RT. I would have no problem drafting the best blocking RT in college football at #1.

Until we find a way to stop JJ Watt, you can forget about us winning the division. Build the team to neutralize Watt.
No one can stop him....
Quote:This team needs to built to stop Watt. As we have seen the past two weeks with Watt. He is unblockable if you put Joe Schmore out there at RT. I would have no problem drafting the best blocking RT in college football at #1.

Eh, the divisions winnable even with Watt. He can't singlehandedly win games.
Quote:No one can stop him....

Not true. There are man beasts that exist that can do it. Not many, but they exist. We should do everything in our power to find one or forget about competing.
Why not assign a backup tackle or TE to combo block him with the starting tackles all day?  We should have game planned to at least attempt to neutralize Watt.  Apparently, we didn't do that!

Quote:Not true. There are man beasts exist that can do it. Not many, but they exist. We should do everything in our power to find one or forget about competing.

It's not Watt dude.... We need to worry about Luck. Stop Luck and you win the division. Not Watt.
Quote:Eh, the divisions winnable even with Watt. He can't singlehandedly win games.

Yes he can if you cant block him. Every drop back is a pressure or sack.
Quote:It's not Watt dude.... We need to worry about Luck. Stop Luck and you win the division. Not Watt.

Id say its both. So our priorities should be to strengthen pass rush and pass pro. Not revolutionary i know... but still get a big RT who can block.
You've got to build to win the Super Bowl...I know the first step is AFC South....but we need to be thinking GB, Pats, Broncs, Colts...that's how the franchise needs to be built...to beat those teams...

And we are lightyears away from that... Blush

Dont be afraid to break the "dont draft a RT early" tradition... is the point. We saw today that RT is extremely important and should be treated as such.
Who cares about Watt. It's just one player on the field.

In fact he wasn't that good today, and should have been called for 2 late hits on BB.

Quote:You've got to build to win the Super Bowl...I know the first step is AFC South....but we need to be thinking GB, Pats, Broncs, Colts...that's how the franchise needs to be built...to beat those teams...

And we are lightyears away from that... Blush

One thing at a time, yuno?
Quote:Yes he can if you cant block him. Every drop back is a pressure or sack.

Right. We need a better pass pro line in general. We won't ever fully neutralize watt, but we could definitely win against the Texans if we could just be average against him.
Quote:One thing at a time, yuno?
lol I do know...I just hope I see some good stuff before I die, yuno?
Quote:Who cares about Watt. It's just one player on the field.

In fact he wasn't that good today, and should have been called for 2 late hits on BB.

Are you kidding? The entire second half he was dictating our entire offensive scheme because he couldnt be blocked.

Remember when we drafted Jockeal and we had a tandem of him and Monroe to stop Watt, oh yea I do but we traded Monroe, what a joke 
Quote:Dont be afraid to break the "dont draft a RT early" tradition... is the point. We saw today that RT is extremely important and should be treated as such.
like I said, we did it and we traded the good LT away and moved the RT to LT
Quote:Are you kidding? The entire second half he was dictating our entire offensive scheme because he couldnt be blocked.
You're right but we sadly enough barely even tried.  They hung Young out to dry and tried using D rob to help sometimes.  Young is a backup and D Rob is not a good blocker.

Why they didn't assign 2 linemen to block him all game blows my mind.
Quote:Who cares about Watt. It's just one player on the field.

Really, he wasn't good today? Tell BB (sacked 3 times) that as he reviews game tape.
Quote:Really, he wasn't good today? Tell BB (sacked 3 times) that as he reviews game tape.
And the linemen that were powned by him all day long!
Pages: 1 2