Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sunday December 7th.......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Pearl_zps9808e2fc.jpg]

... A date which will live in infamy...
How many in here were alive on this date?

I wasn't.

16 years before me

""I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." - Isoroku Yamamoto

Wasn't alive for it.  More than 40 years before my time.  But it's one of those dates Americans should know anyway. 

Quote:How many in here were alive on this date?

I wasn't.

My Parents weren't even alive, I think my Grandfather was 9? 
The PA announcer talked about this during a first half game break. All five branches of the armed forces were represented at the game. I thought the date is why our JAGS shield was at midfield instead of in the end zones today.

RIP Josh Hartnett. He died in Pearl Harbor.

Quote:RIP Josh Hartnett. He died in Pearl Harbor.

And everyone else who died there.

When I told someone 9/11/2001 was the deadliest day in American history, he did not believe me because over 2,000 people died on 12/7/1941 - obviously forgetting Hawaii was not a state until 1959.
Quote:And everyone else who died there.

When I told someone 9/11/2001 was the deadliest day in American history, he did not believe me because over 2,000 people died on 12/7/1941 - obviously forgetting Hawaii was not a state until 1959.

Laughing Wallbash Laughing
Quote:And everyone else who died there.

You're really up on your history. 

Hawaii was a US territory at the time of the Japanese invasion.  It was an attack on US soil.  Americans died.