Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Annoying product names
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone else find it annoying that rib steaks are now called "Rib Eye, bone-in" ??

The whole 'eye' part of the rib eye was because it was the center of the steak without the bone.

I also saw a can of Redi-Whip claiming "fat free" and also "made with real cream" Really?

Buffalo wings. How are chicken wings in Buffalo any better than chicken wings in the rest of the United States?

Quote:Buffalo wings. How are chicken wings in Buffalo any better than chicken wings in the rest of the United States?

I think they were invented in Buffalo...hence the name.
Quote:I think they were invented in Buffalo...hence the name.

I heard that before, but as far as I am concerned a chicken wing is a chicken wing.
It was the "buffalo sauce" and the concept of frying the wings then tossing them in the sauce that originated in Buffalo. 

Brilliant idea, IMO.  Certainly similar treatments of chicken had been done prior - but someone at the Anchorbar in Buffalo,NY did come up with an amazing idea sometime in the 70's. 

BDubs has some great wings IMHO.
There's a little Italian Pizza place in Palm Coast called Samie's that has the most amazing wings in the world, sometimes we drive over an hour there just to get them. 

Quote:BDubs has some great wings IMHO.

Not a huge fan. There's a wings place in Portland called Fire on the Mountain that will ruin you for wings anywhere else.