Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Week in the AFC South-Week 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First, I want to thank D6 for getting this thread posted this past week when I could not do so in a timely manner.  Good job, D6.  On a related note, my apologies for not getting this posted earlier.  One other thing.  I will be out of town the week of Dec 14-20, so I will not likely post the week 16 This Week in the AFC South that week.  If I get the time, I may post it a week ahead of time, but I would not feel comfortable doing so because who knows what major injuries could happen in the interim to change the course of the game.  But I may.

Anyway...on to the games

Indianapolis
(8-4)  at Cleveland
(7-5)-The Trent Richardson bowl features two teams with comparable records that are in the playoff hunt but make no mistake,  Indy is in a different class than Cleveland.  The only thing that could keep this game close is bad weather in the dawg pound.  Colts
win 34-20.

Houston
(6-6) at Jacksonville
(2-10)-Houston continues its rebound season as they have already tripled their win total from their disastrous 2-14 2013 season.  Watt is playing at an insane level, and has 5 TDs this year.  Oh yeah, he also has 11.5 sacks this year and he's going up against a backup rookie RT making his first start.  Jacksonville got its second win of the season last week in a come from behind win against the G-Men.  Rookie QB Blake Bortles has taken a beating and is banged up.  Rookie WR Marqise Lee has made some strides and seems more confident.  Not sure that will be enough.  Houston
wins 23-14.

N.Y. Giants
(3-9) at Tennessee
(2-10)-After losing to the Jaguars last week, TC will likely not survive the year and the Giants-already losers of seven (7) straight, are in complete free fall.  If they can protect Manning, they have a chance to beat Tennessee.  I don't know if they can.  Tacks
win 21-17.

2-1 Last week.

26-15 overall.
Quote:First, I want to thank D6 for getting this thread posted this past week when I could not do so in a timely manner.  Good job, D6.  On a related note, my apologies for not getting this posted earlier.  One other thing.  I will be out of town the week of Dec 14-20, so I will not likely post the week 16 This Week in the AFC South that week.  If I get the time, I may post it a week ahead of time, but I would not feel comfortable doing so because who knows what major injuries could happen in the interim to change the course of the game.  But I may.

Anyway...on to the games

Indianapolis
(8-4)  at Cleveland
(7-5)-The Trent Richardson bowl features two teams with comparable records that are in the playoff hunt but make no mistake,  Indy is in a different class than Cleveland.  The only thing that could keep this game close is bad weather in the dawg pound.  Colts
win 34-20.

Houston
(6-6) at Jacksonville
(2-10)-Houston continues its rebound season as they have already tripled their win total from their disastrous 2-14 2013 season.  Watt is playing at an insane level, and has 5 TDs this year.  Oh yeah, he also has 11.5 sacks this year and he's going up against a backup rookie RT making his first start.  Jacksonville got its second win of the season last week in a come from behind win against the G-Men.  Rookie QB Blake Bortles has taken a beating and is banged up.  Rookie WR Marqise Lee has made some strides and seems more confident.  Not sure that will be enough.  Houston
wins 23-14.

N.Y. Giants
(3-9) at Tennessee
(2-10)-After losing to the Jaguars last week, TC will likely not survive the year and the Giants-already losers of seven (7) straight, are in complete free fall.  If they can protect Manning, they have a chance to beat Tennessee.  I don't know if they can.  Tacks
win 21-17.

I'll take colts, texans, and giants.

Colts because Luck is much better than Hoyer.

Texans because the Jaguars have no offensive line to speak of.

Giants because Coughlin seems to have a knack for getting a win when the flames are licking at his heels. Plus Mettenberger is injured.
My pleasure, Bullseye.   I'm very glad to help.   Thanks for all of your efforts with the weekly prediction threads!

Week # 13 Results: 3-0

Overall:  28-13

Indianapolis over Cleveland.    The Browns # 2 QB seems to be the focal point of the media in what's a very important game for both teams.   Andrew Luck is the most differential player on either team.

Jacksonville over Houston.    It probably will be a low scoring game.   J.J. Watt's differential ability will be a challenge for the Jaguars to overcome.

NY Giants over Tennessee.      I expect the Giants to be motivated in order to demonstrate that Tom Coughlin should return for another season.   Tennessee's transition to Ken Whisenhunt and his coaching staff has been difficult through this point of time.  

This is getting a bit tougher as we get into the final stretch of the season.

Colts over Browns - Both teams are fighting for playoff positioning.  I've toyed with the idea of taking the Browns, especially since they named Hoyer the starter.  I just think that he gives them a better chance to win over "Johnny Football".  Nonetheless, I think that Andrew Luck will still find a way to get the win.

Texans over Jaguars - This one is a difficult one for me.  The Jaguars may have some momentum going with the come-from-behind win over the Giants last week.  I've also watched them play very good teams tough at times.  However, the Texans are fighting for a playoff spot and I think that their motivation will get this one for them.

Giants over Titans - There is no way that the Giants melt down again and lose a "should win" game.

Last week 3-0

Overall 29-12

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2-1 last week.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">30-11 overall.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Colts over Browns

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Texans over Jags

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Giants over Titans

Quote: 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2-1 last week.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">30-11 overall.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Colts over Browns

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Texans over Jags

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Giants over Titans

I see how it is CW.  Copy my picks so you stay in the lead...  :thumbsup:
Browns

Texans

Giants
Quote:I see how it is CW.  Copy my picks so you stay in the lead...  :thumbsup:

Tongue

3-0 this week.

33-11 overall.
Bullseye, Sam Young started at right tackle in weeks 3 and 4, so this is not his first NFL start.

2-1 this week.

28-16 overall

So, another 3-0 week puts me at 14-5. It's a shame I miss so many of these posts.

Quote:So, another 3-0 week puts me at 14-5. It's a shame I miss so many of these posts.
Part of that is my fault because I don't always get them posted by Thurs-Friday. 

I will try to do better.
Quote:Part of that is my fault because I don't always get them posted by Thurs-Friday. 

I will try to do better.

It's fine, just for our own fun. I enjoy just reading people's thoughts on why things will happen, really.
3-0 This week.

32-12 Overall