Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blake Bortles scouting report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I always think it's fun to go back and look scouting reports on players the Jaguars selected, just to see how accurate they are. This particular report (form sportsonearth.com) is pretty much right on, enjoy,

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/737...ing-report

this part hurts

"The Browns? The Jaguars or Raiders? The Texans have the infrastructure to do it, but they also have Manziel and Clowney staring them in the face. Unless they select Bortles, he will be left to the mercy of teams with a history of destroying more quarterbacks than they repair."

ouch...lol

It's pretty accurate.  I still think the weak Gabbert comparison is the laziest comparison I've ever seen.  But, sometimes people are just lazy and they latch on to something obvious even if incorrect. Whatever. He was pretty spot-on with the rest of it. 

Quote:this part hurts

"The Browns? The Jaguars or Raiders? The Texans have the infrastructure to do it, but they also have Manziel and Clowney staring them in the face. Unless they select Bortles, he will be left to the mercy of teams with a history of destroying more quarterbacks than they repair."

ouch...lol

Haha yea, I yearn for the day when we're not associated with the Raiders and Browns.

Quote:It's pretty accurate.  I still think the weak Gabbert comparison is the laziest comparison I've ever seen.  But, sometimes people are just lazy and they latch on to something obvious even if incorrect. Whatever. He was pretty spot-on with the rest of it. 
The only way the Gabbert comparison makes sense is that they both weren't ready to start day 1. Other than that, totally different players.
Quote:Haha yea, I yearn for the day when we're not associated with the Raiders and Browns.

No you don't. We are not associated with the Browns because they got much better, not because we did. On the other paw, we are not leading the race for the #1 draft pick because we beat the Browns.
Quote:No you don't. We are not associated with the Browns because they got much better, not because we did. On the other paw, we are not leading the race for the #1 draft pick because we beat the Browns.
Umm wut?
I think this article is spot on.  Bortles was put into position to fail.

-PLayed too early

-Terrible oline

-Inexperienced wide receivers

-IMO a very inexperienced or just bad OC

Kudos to him for overcoming that.

Quote:No you don't. We are not associated with the Browns because they got much better, not because we did. On the other paw, we are not leading the race for the #1 draft pick because we beat the Browns.

The Browns are 7-5 and last in their division and without a franchise QB.  At the end of the season they will prove to be just another average team.
Quote:The Browns are 7-5 and last in their division and without a franchise QB. At the end of the season they will prove to be just another average team.

Already evident by Manziel having a garbage time decent drive against the Bills and now their team is having Jets-esque qb controversy
Quote:The Browns are 7-5 and last in their division and without a franchise QB.  At the end of the season they will prove to be just another average team.

Therein lies the problem though (not to come for you, btw, I'm not), Cleveland has a talented roster but are lacking a capable QB and coaching staff. They are Kansas City waiting to happen all over again imo. Give them Alex Smith from a couple of years ago and Andy Reid and that's a 10 win team easily.

Still not convinced Gabbert was "scared" in the pocket. I just think he didn't have a high enough skill level to play in the big leagues. Fortunately, Bortles is simply the flash right now but thats higher than Gabbert ever achieved. Hopefully he'll turn into superman fast enough to save Bradley/Fisch's job.
Barry Allen?

Quote:Barry Allen?

No. Wally West.  :whistling: