Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Mayock's Slant: Blake Bortles Impressive Final Drive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.nfl.com/videos/mayocks-slant/...inal-drive

Mayock impressed with the game winning drive + no interception after taking 7 sacks and beaten up throughout the game.

Made me feel good for the kid. It would've been nice if the field goal against the Titans had not been blocked. Could potentially be talking about his second game winning drive.

I especially like how he watched Lewis run down the seam and kept the outside LB inside the hashmarks until he could throw to Lee for the big gain. He showed a lot on that drive. 

That was a great play by BB5 to look off the LB before going to Lee.  Also a great route by Lee, even though he's a rookie.  Also a nice little play call by Fish...  Hopefully over the next 4 games, we see more of these types of plays.  We looked like an NFL team on that one play.
Nice, fooled them twice in the keeper. We'll keep that play in our backpocket again
Props to Joeckle making a good block on the 20 yard run to put us in FG range.  Joeckle stinks but he makes some good run blocks from time to time
Quote:Props to Joeckle making a good block on the 20 yard run to put us in FG range.  Joeckle stinks but he makes some good run blocks from time to time

Thats what makes me hold out hope that he is till going to develop into a solid LT.
I Like the read option with bortles... Hope they balance out the 9 billion screens with some more read options and down feild shots to lee....great final drive though... Ill take mayock's word lightly, i used to think mike was on point but ive seen that guy blatantly miss more than ive seen him hit...over all i think mayock isa decent analyst,i just think he has one of those "i know football better than everyone else" mentalities
Quote:I Like the read option with bortles... Hope they balance out the 9 billion screens with some more read options and down feild shots to lee....great final drive though... Ill take mayock's word lightly, i used to think mike was on point but ive seen that guy blatantly miss more than ive seen him hit...over all i think mayock isa decent analyst,i just think he has one of those "i know football better than everyone else" mentalities

Exactly. Just like Tim Legler with basketball.
I felt he did good, but I was more impressed with the Defense Marks, Clemons, Colvin.

Quote:Made me feel good for the kid. It would've been nice if the field goal against the Titans had not been blocked. Could potentially be talking about his second game winning drive.
To be fair, an onside kick would have been the "game winning drive" in the Titans game.
Quote:I felt he did good, but I was more impressed with the Defense Marks, Clemons, Colvin.

Colvin. What was this his second NFL game and already scored a TD? Can't wait till he takes over Gratz spot. Defense is looking promising.
Quote:To be fair, an onside kick would have been the "game winning drive" in the Titans game.
How do you figure? He led them 83 yards on a touchdown drive with 2:06 on the clock, got the onside kick on their own 40 with 37 seconds left, led them into field goal range, kick blocked. Yes the onside kick was huge, but he still made the plays to get into field goal range after that with no timeouts left.
Quote:http://www.nfl.com/videos/mayocks-slant/...inal-drive

Mayock impressed with the game winning drive + no interception after taking 7 sacks and beaten up throughout the game.

On that pass to Lee, who was that on the OL who tried to block someone and completely fell on the ground?
Quote:On that pass to Lee, who was that on the OL who tried to block someone and completely fell on the ground?
Linder.  He tried to cut-block the DT - but the DTs were stunting, so it didn't work so well. 
Quote:Colvin. What was this his second NFL game and already scored a TD? Can't wait till he takes over Gratz spot. Defense is looking promising.
The team still needs to address FS Josh Evans causes others to make mistakes in addition to his own errors.
Quote:The team still needs to address FS Josh Evans causes others to make mistakes in addition to his own errors.

Agreed. If we can't land McCourty I think that's our biggest draft need. Besides maybe OL
Great drive. Remember, in college, Bortles led a bunch of game winning drives. Good to see him do it again in the big leagues.
Oh and shoutout to Luke Joekel on that block that went for 20 yards. He had a rough game no doubt, but he did have some key blocks.
Quote:Great drive. Remember, in college, Bortles led a bunch of game winning drives. Good to see him do it again in the big leagues.

It's funny. When we got the ball back at the start of that drive my thought was "Ok, this high pressure is where Blake plays his best"

I had a ton of confidence he'd move the ball down the field. Compared to last few years I always cringed everytime Henne/Gabbert even touched the ball.
Pages: 1 2