Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Spread the offense out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bortles and this whole offense kicks into gear when this team spreads it out.  This prevents other teams from loading the box.  I just don't understand why this offense goes into a shell and then has success spreading it out only to go back into the shell again.  We got 4 games left and are 2-10.  I say keep the spread offense out there and let the playbook fly.

Spreading it out means taking away running backs and tight ends to aid in pass blocking.  It is not always that easy.  Our offensive line is not capable enough in pass blocking to allow for spreading it out all the time.  

I disagree.  You hope to see progress from the young players by gaining valueable experince at the end of this season.  The one thing you dont want to do is injure your franchise QB in his rookie year to win a pointless game.

JKeets is right our Oline is one of the worst in the league. 

If anything Fisch should have an extra TE or OT instead of a RB (as our running game is usually pathetic anyways) or just have d-rob line up as a WR for a screen pass.

Quote:Spreading it out means taking away running backs and tight ends to aid in pass blocking.  It is not always that easy.  Our offensive line is not capable enough in pass blocking to allow for spreading it out all the time.  
Exactly.  Spreading it out works only when you have a competent line.  Right now we don't. 
The only reason it looks like spreading it out works is cause usually when we do that it is in the 2 min drill near the end of the game and the opposing defense is in prevent with extra CBs and not rushing the passer has hard. During normal play the QB would get killed.