Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Holding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok I can't be the only one to notice for the past few games now our d-linemen are being held like crazy and there have been almost no flags thrown. What the hell?

Yes. I am not a "complain about the refs" guy...but it has been ridiculous.
Quote:Ok I can't be the only one to notice for the past few games now our d-linemen are being held like crazy and there have been almost no flags thrown. What the hell?

Paging TMD, paging TMD.

I'm sure the League Office put out the word - stop the monster! Two wins are enough.
Given the amount of sacks these guys have put up, the other team is not holding enough....

I can't recall the specific plays, but I definitely recall looking at the big screen at the stadium a few times and saying, "How the hell is that not holding?" to the dude sitting next to me.
Quote:I can't recall the specific plays, but I definitely recall looking at the big screen at the stadium a few times and saying, "How the hell is that not holding?" to the dude sitting next to me.

And as we speak someone is typing the same words on every NFL's team message board.
Quote:Ok I can't be the only one to notice for the past few games now our d-linemen are being held like crazy and there have been almost no flags thrown. What the hell?
Clemons and marks must be monsters Bc they still produced after all those non calls.

I totally agree...I didn't see it during the game Sunday but after rewatching the game last night there were several times that obvious holding was not called.
Quote:And as we speak someone is typing the same words on every NFL's team message board.

Thanks for nothing constructive! :thanks:
Quote:And as we speak someone is typing the same words on every NFL's team message board.

Good for them.
It's the truth.
Quote:It's the truth.

For those who obviously have nothing constructive to add, the OP is referring to extremely obvious holding, not some ticky tack Jags fan teal glasses viewpoint.
Quote:Thanks for nothing constructive! :thanks:

Just trying to follow your lead!
Watch the Colts game. After the first quarter, Clemons was held on a regular basis and it was not called.

Quote:Watch the Colts game. After the first quarter, Clemons was held on a regular basis and it was not called.

TMD is correct! The fix is in!

It's that Colt bias.

Do you know how homerish that sounds? No other fan base thinks their team is held and not called, do they?
Even referees are confused about what is and isnt holding.
Quote:Thanks for nothing constructive! :thanks:
It's his specialty

Yep.  Marks, Clemons and Davis were all held last week. (without flags)  I think Marks has been held in almost every single game. Blatantly. 

A couple weeks before the bye he was literally tackled from behind by a guard.  No flag. LOL. 

They gotta' win to get those calls.  It's so stupid how these officials operate sometimes. 

Maybe we should just blatantly hold JJ Watt this week and take our chances.
I think the adage is true, that you could "call holding on every play."  We may be noticing it more because our pass rushers are actually forcing people in to positions of needing to hold them.  

Pages: 1 2