Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: It could be worse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think in order to deal with most Jags games this should be the overall motto of the team.  Yes this team has played horribly most of the year.  That being said it could be worse.  We could have just Henne or even worse Gabbert starting behind this offensive line.    Spread the word cause I think it's a brilliant way to not get so angry.  When the Jags are getting spanked and down by double digits in their own back yard, just look to your neighbor and shrug, "It could be worse."

Hey atleast we aren't the Raiders

I usually agree with you, but I'm just over the way this team and coaches have been. I should look to my neighbor and say "why aren't we winning?" Are we going to keep the motto going another 4 years, or just keep the "next year" bit?
Quote:I usually agree with you, but I'm just over the way this team and coaches have been. I should look to my neighbor and say "why aren't we winning?" Are we going to keep the motto going another 4 years, or just keep the "next year" bit?

It could be worse
Quote:It could be worse

That's the spirit!   LOL, well played sir!
Quote:That's the spirit! LOL, well played sir!

Lol
I'm just gonna continue to mostly bask in the win.  There will be time enough for criticizing after our next loss.  Who knows, maybe something miraculous has happened and we have now realized how to move the ball and score points on offense.

At this point it could be worse...  We could be the Jets...  I believe they only threw the ball 7 times and ran the ball 49 times last night...

We at least don't have Geno Smith as our QB.  So there is that!  

I'm still pretty excited with our WRs too.  Allen Hurns is the toughest WR in the league.  He's been hung out to dry at least once per game by a BB5 pass, and he keeps getting up for more.  I love that guy!  And I'm loving watching Lee get his chance to excel, and he's doing it so far.  

These are all good things to enjoy for this week.  

It's really annoying when people say, "at least we aren't the Raiders."
Quote:I think in order to deal with most Jags games this should be the overall motto of the team.  Yes this team has played horribly most of the year.  That being said it could be worse.  We could have just Henne or even worse Gabbert starting behind this offensive line.    Spread the word cause I think it's a brilliant way to not get so angry.  When the Jags are getting spanked and down by double digits in their own back yard, just look to your neighbor and shrug, "It could be worse."

Hey atleast we aren't the Raiders
I've got a brilliant way not to get so angry:  Don't get angry over football.  It's a game and you have nothing to do with it.

Quote:I've got a brilliant way not to get so angry:  Don't get angry over football.  It's a game and you have nothing to do with it.

<i>There is no emotion, there is peace.</i>

<i>There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.</i>

<i>There is no passion, there is serenity.</i>

<i>There is no death, there is the Jaguars.</i>
It could be worse.

We could be the Panthers. How'd you like to go from 12-4, the playoffs, great future on the horizon to ...

4-11-1 (or close to it) and a feeling of bleakness on the horizon?

At least as Jaguar fans we never have expectations!

Quote:I'm just gonna continue to mostly bask in the win.  There will be time enough for criticizing after our next loss.  Who knows, maybe something miraculous has happened and we have now realized how to move the ball and score points on offense.

At this point it could be worse...  We could be the Jets...  I believe they only threw the ball 7 times and ran the ball 49 times last night...

I'm still pretty excited with our WRs too.  Allen Hurns is the toughest WR in the league.  He's been hung out to dry at least once per game by a BB5 pass, and he keeps getting up for more.  I love that guy!  And I'm loving watching Lee get his chance to excel, and he's doing it so far.  

That didn't happen hardly at all this week, why would it happen next week?
Quote:I'm just gonna continue to mostly bask in the win.  There will be time enough for criticizing after our next loss.  Who knows, maybe something miraculous has happened and we have now realized how to move the ball and score points on offense.

On Hurns, I still don't understand how the hit to his shoulder wasn't a defenseless receiver call...
Quote:On Hurns, I still don't understand how the hit to his shoulder wasn't a defenseless receiver call...

Agreed, I've seen way less than that one get called.
We could've been stoked for Clowney dropping to us only to hear he needs surgery #couldbeworse
Quote:<i>There is no emotion, there is peace.</i> <i>There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.</i> <i>There is no passion, there is serenity.</i> <i>There is no death, there is the Jaguars.</i>

<i>Peace is a lie, there is only passion.</i>
<i>Through passion, I gain strength.</i>
<i>Through strength, I gain power.</i>
<i>Through power, I gain victory.</i>
<i>Through victory, my chains are broken.</i>
<i>The Jaguars shall free me.</i>

It could be worse.
I'm expecting at least 6 or 7 wins next year.

Quote:I'm expecting at least 6 or 7 wins next year.
It could be worse
Quote: 

<div>
<i>Peace is a lie, there is only passion.</i>
<i>Through passion, I gain strength.</i>
<i>Through strength, I gain power.</i>
<i>Through power, I gain victory.</i>
<i>Through victory, my chains are broken.</i>
<i>The Jaguars shall free me.</i>

It could be worse.

</div>
Only the sith deal in absolutes...except for that...and that.
Quote:Only the sith deal in absolutes...except for that...and that.

More of that terrific pseudo-intellectual Lucas dialogue that doesn't make any sense at all.
Well, yeah you're right....it could be worse. There are positives (believe it or not) from all this. It was understood that by utilizing so many rookies the first couple of years of the rebuild our record would be bad. We are now at the cusp of 'turning the corner' with the prospect of seeing the fruit of the tough years show up. Indeed... if things work out as planned and hoped this season 3 of the Dave Caldwell rebuild should start showing signs of life! By 'life' I mean an upturn in the number of games we win. 8-8 or better would be amazing!!! 7-9 would be a pretty good improvement. 6-10 would be ok....(I guess). 5-11 or worse though and I have to start looking pretty hard at why it isn't working; coaches, players, injuries, whatever....by the end of three years of a rebuild (even a total gut and rebuild) we should be seeing better records than 4-12 or 3-13... if not, then Khan needs to execute some accountability.

But until given tangible reason not to feel a little more optimistic about next season I'll try to be. Blake will have a full off season to work on his game. We will probably get another fairly high draft pick. We might get a sober and wiser Justin Blackmon back to help. There is a real possibility that there are some good things to look forward to next season. After all... it could be worse.

Pages: 1 2