Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Vegas Odds - Jaguars vs. Texans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Last week's odds against the Giants were interesting.

This week the opening line is as follows.

Jaguars +4 - This means that placing a bet on the Jaguars means that you expect them to win, or lose by no more than 4 points.  I don't like this bet at all.

Over/Under 41 - This means that the total points scored in the game will be either over or under 41 points.  I'm not real sure about this one, but I would probably lean towards the under.

Current line is as follows.

Jaguars +5 - This means that Vegas is predicting the Texans to win, and win by a larger margin than the opening line.

Over/Under 42 - This means that Vegas is predicting a slightly higher final score.

My bottom line analysis at this point, I would not bet on the Jaguars, and would possibly lean towards the under.  At this time, I feel like the Jaguars will lose by more than 5 points in a lower scoring game.  Something along the lines of 30-3 or 30-10.  I may change this as the week progresses, but right now I just don't have a good feeling.

Jaguars are going to win. Book it
Quote:I'm seing Jax +5 also at: http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_point_spreads.shtml

I go by CBSSportsline when I look at the odds since I never actually bet real money... well almost never.  There was this one time, in Vegas...

Quote:Jaguars are going to win. Book it

Money talks.
Quote:I go by <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/odds'>CBSSportsline</a> when I look at the odds since I never actually bet real money... well almost never. There was this one time, in Vegas...

Money talks.
Hop into my timemachine and I'll show you the play where Bortles stiffarms JJ to the ground and runs in for the gamewinning touchdown
For the record, I have the Jags Winning this week.

Quote:Hop into my timemachine and I'll show you the play where Bortles stiffarms JJ to the ground and runs in for the gamewinning touchdown
Wake up, Haterade!  Wake up!  No more wet dreams!
Quote:Jaguars are going to win. Book it

We need Wolfie to predict another loss for that to happen.
I don't think the Jags will be as fortunate to have two defensive scores again this week. Fitzpatrick has been hot lately, and they have a good running attack. The positive momentum created by a fourth quarter comeback win will help the confidence of Bortles and the rest of the team. Our #99 would like nothing more than to outperform their #99, so maybe we'll see increased pressure on their QB. Houston believes they're in the running for a playoff spot, so that will inspire them.

All that said, I believe the Jags lose............24-13.
I think it stays close in the first half and Houston runs away with it against a tired Jags D. 24-13
Quote:We need Wolfie to predict another loss for that to happen.

Since you brought that up please read this post by me. 

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...this-week/
Jags will cover and may win outright.  41 points...I'd take the under personally.

I honestly thought the Titans were going to put up a good game. But it didn't take a lot to yank out their hearts & it was all down hill from there. 

You guys showed quite a bit of heart Sunday. Let's see if you can do it again. 

The Texans have beaten us as underdogs for years. It's our turn to upset them.
I sat both Seattle's and Philly's defense this week for obvious reasons and picked up the tinhorns D.. I hope it was a mistake.. 

JAGUARS 20

TEXANS  21
Jaguars 25

tinhorns 24

Quote:JAGUARS 20

TEXANS  21

I don't think the Jaguars will lose a close game.

If it's close then the Jaguars will win because I'd count on Bortles playing clutch at the end and Fitz doing the opposite.

If the Jaguars lose it'll be because they get whipped over the course of the whole game.
Latest line is Jaguars +6.  This means that more and more Vegas is predicting a Texans win.  Over/under is still 42.

At this point in the week, I really couldn't bet on the Jaguars to cover the spread.  If I had to bet the over/under I'm leaning towards the over.

If our defense plays like it did the second half of last week, we've got a shot at winning this.  Just have to be able to move the ball a little on offense.  I think this game stays really close and low-scoring.

Pages: 1 2