Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I come in peace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I come in peace because my heart belongs to another team in the NFC, but in the AFC I do cheer for the Jags because when they 1st entered the league along with the Panthers my football partner at the time flipped a coin as to which team we were gonna push our support behind I got the Jags.

Lately they have not given me much to cheer for when it comes to my AFC fan support, but this past weekend they did me good by stealing away the game from the Giants and helping a hurting brother. Now onto week #14 I see Houston next up my gut seems to be telling me the Jags have got this, not pretty but they got this! But my fiscally sound wallet says "YOU CRAZY"...? Take Houston fool! So do I follow my gut or my tight a$$ wallet, don't be a blind Jags give it to me straight. I don't expect the Jags to blow-up the score board, but I do expect the "D" will have a hype attitude determined to keep the game tight and within reach for their offense....

Go Jags or go home silly rabbit.

Houston seems to bring out the best in the Jags lately. I think we split the series with them and beat Tennessee again. Couldn't tell you which game we win against Houston, but the home game is usually a safer bet than the away game.

Quote:I come in peace because my heart belongs to another team in the NFC, but in the AFC I do cheer for the Jags because when they 1st entered the league along with the Panthers my football partner at the time flipped a coin as to which team we were gonna push our support behind I got the Jags.

Lately they have not given me much to cheer for when it comes to my AFC fan support, but this past weekend they did me good by stealing away the game from the Giants and helping a hurting brother. Now onto week #14 I see Houston next up my gut seems to be telling me the Jags have got this, not pretty but they got this! But my fiscally sound wallet says "YOU CRAZY"...? Take Houston fool! So do I follow my gut or my tight a$$ wallet, don't be a blind Jags give it to me straight. I don't expect the Jags to blow-up the score board, but I do expect the "D" will have a hype attitude determined to keep the game tight and within reach for their offense....

JJ Watt will eat Joeckel for lunch.  I learned not to bet with my heart a long time ago.  I've picked the opposing teams against the Jags this whole season during the weekly pickem.  Sadly, I've been right 10/12 times.
Houston is going to win by 10.  The Giants were dominating the Jags until Rashad Jennings and 2 offensive linemen went down.   We scored 2 defensive TDs and only 1 offensive TD.  The Texans D is better than the Giants D so our offensive outlook this week is bleak.

This is a must win for Houston.  Our coach is still partying like Johnny Manziel after our victory last week vs the Giants.

Quote:JJ Watt will eat Joeckel for lunch. 
Kinda funny considering he won't line up against him very much, if at all
Quote:I come in peace because my heart belongs to another team in the NFC, but in the AFC I do cheer for the Jags because when they 1st entered the league along with the Panthers my football partner at the time flipped a coin as to which team we were gonna push our support behind I got the Jags.

The Houston Texans vs Jacksonville Jaguars

according to the stats

Offense

QB favors Texans - Ryan Fitzpatrick has a better passing %, more yards, and 8 more touchdowns than Blake Bortles

RB favors Texans - Aaron Foster is a true power back getting more first downs while D-Rob is more of a flasher getting nothing for several carries only to burst one for 20 yards now and then but he fumbles a lot.

WR favors Texans slightly- This is a bit closer in stats with Andre Johnson having more stats than Cecil Shorts III, but the Jaguars having more targets like Allen Hurns to rely upon

OLine favors Texans - giving the running back better lanes, and their QB more time to throw.

To sum up the Offense Ryan threw for six touchdowns last week while the Jaguars Offense scored less than their Defense did... enough said

Defense

DL favors Jaguars - Chris Clemons #91 DE, #99 DT Marks keep those to in mind when watching the game they are the most enjoyable experince we have as Jaguar fans.  Sure the Texans have that Watt guy.

LB favors Jaguars - Slightly because Geno Hayes is going into his 3rd week at Strong Side OLB and will improve along with Telvin Smith at weak side, and JT Thomas is improving as well.

DB favors Texans - CB Joseph and CB Bouye DB Rolle each got an INT last week which is more than half of what the Jaguars had all season (1 INT was from a OLB Smith & 1 INT was from DE) so really more than.

I expect the game to be won by the Texans, but anything can happen.

Welcome!
Quote:Kinda funny considering he won't line up against him very much, if at all
JJ lines up everywhere... Also... JJ Watt eats up anyone he plays so not sure why that guy pegged Luke.
Quote:Houston is going to win by 10.  The Giants were dominating the Jags until Rashad Jennings and 2 offensive linemen went down.   We scored 2 defensive TDs and only 1 offensive TD.  The Texans D is better than the Giants D so our offensive outlook this week is bleak.

This is a must win for Houston.  Our coach is still partying like Johnny Manziel after our victory last week vs the Giants.
:whistling:
Quote:Kinda funny considering he won't line up against him very much, if at all

He's just that good lol :thumbsup:
Welcome Obe!  Go Jags

Quote:The Houston Texans vs Jacksonville Jaguars

according to the stats

Offense

QB favors Texans - Ryan Fitzpatrick has a better passing %, more yards, and 8 more touchdowns than Blake Bortles

RB favors Texans - Aaron Foster is a true power back getting more first downs while D-Rob is more of a flasher getting nothing for several carries only to burst one for 20 yards now and then but he fumbles a lot.

WR favors Texans slightly- This is a bit closer in stats with Andre Johnson having more stats than Cecil Shorts III, but the Jaguars having more targets like Allen Hurns to rely upon

OLine favors Texans - giving the running back better lanes, and their QB more time to throw.

To sum up the Offense Ryan threw for six touchdowns last week while the Jaguars Offense scored less than their Defense did... enough said

Defense

DL favors Jaguars - Chris Clemons #91 DE, #99 DT Marks keep those to in mind when watching the game they are the most enjoyable experince we have as Jaguar fans.  Sure the Texans have that Watt guy.

LB favors Jaguars - Slightly because Geno Hayes is going into his 3rd week at Strong Side OLB and will improve along with Telvin Smith at weak side, and JT Thomas is improving as well.

DB favors Texans - CB Joseph and CB Bouye DB Rolle each got an INT last week which is more than half of what the Jaguars had all season (1 INT was from a OLB Smith & 1 INT was from DE) so really more than.

Man i disagree with so much of what you just stated that i don't know where to start.  So i won't.
I just ruled out our starting LBs being better than Bama's & UGA's........ how bad are the Texans LBs if we're better than theirs.

Logic would say that the Texans are favored in this game.

Gut instincts are what I use when selecting a team to win.  So far this week my gut tells me that the Texans will win, but...  it's only Tuesday.  Ask me again on Friday and I can give a better analysis.

I'd take the Texans all day. If our OL wasn't bad enough trying to protect a rookie QB, our RT went out for the season. JJ Watt will run over our tackles and he plays both sides of the line. Given our propensity to shoot ourselves in the foot whenever that rarest of drives appears to be forming, our offense will not likely score 10 points.

Our DL has been able to get pressure on the QB with only rushing 4 but our inexperienced secondary can't seem to remember their assignments or tackle.

Regards.......................the Chiefjag

Quote:Houston seems to bring out the best in the Jags lately. I think we split the series with them and beat Tennessee again. Couldn't tell you which game we win against Houston, but the home game is usually a safer bet than the away game.

When did we beat Tennessee this year?

You might want to look at the final score of that game again. We lost.

You pick the jags and your gonna lose. Although Fitzpatrick is somewhat inconsistent, there is too much talent for them to lose to us.
Quote:The Houston Texans vs Jacksonville Jaguars

according to the stats

Offense

Defense

One of these groups includes JJ Watt, the Texans are better. He is good enough to call that an edge, even if our overall group has more production.
Obe --- I hope you took our advice and bet the house on the Texans !!!!

Pages: 1 2