Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Next Year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am really excited about how well (minus the secondary for the most part) our young defense is playing.  We have a lot of young players with seemingly very bright futures.   Telvin Smith, Colvin, Marks is a frickin beast.  With another off-season to prepare, an active FA period and another draft, this defense could be pretty nasty.

On offense, two things have to happen, imo:  A.)  Jedd Fisch has to open up the field.  No more dink and dunk.  Let Bortles be Bortles.  and B.)  We need to upgrade our O-Line, which I think will be the biggest point of focus in our FA period.  I am predicting we sign 2 very high quality O-Line vets this off-season.  If these things happen, and BB has more than 3 seconds to throw the ball, our offense has the potential to be turning heads.

IF, key word, IF these things happen, I predict next year around 9-7 or 10-6.

Quote:I am really excited about how well (minus the secondary for the most part) our young defense is playing.  We have a lot of young players with seemingly very bright futures.   Telvin Smith, Colvin, Marks is a frickin beast.  With another off-season to prepare, an active FA period and another draft, this defense could be pretty nasty.

On offense, two things have to happen, imo:  A.)  Jedd Fisch has to open up the field.  No more dink and dunk.  Let Bortles be Bortles.  and B.)  We need to upgrade our O-Line, which I think will be the biggest point of focus in our FA period.  I am predicting we sign 2 very high quality O-Line vets this off-season.  If these things happen, and BB has more than 3 seconds to throw the ball, our offense has the potential to be turning heads.

BB has 3 seconds to throw the ball?
Quote:I am really excited about how well (minus the secondary for the most part) our young defense is playing.  We have a lot of young players with seemingly very bright futures.   Telvin Smith, Colvin, Marks is a frickin beast.  With another off-season to prepare, an active FA period and another draft, this defense could be pretty nasty.

Predictions like these are what lead to people wanting to fire Coaches and GMs 1.5 years into a 4 year rebuild.
I wonder if a solid LT is available and we could put Joke at RT and improve 2 positions?  But that'd be like going back to having Monroe. Wallbash

Quote:Predictions like these are what lead to people wanting to fire Coaches and GMs 1.5 years into a 4 year rebuild.

Way to urinate on the OP's thread. :thumbsup:
Quote:Predictions like these are what lead to people wanting to fire Coaches and GMs 1.5 years into a 4 year rebuild.
jeez brah, harsh
I'm thinking the team finishes between 7-9 or 9-7 next year. 

Anything less than that, Bradley probably gets fired.

Quote:I am predicting we sign 2 very high quality O-Line vets this off-season.
Very high quality like Zane Beadles, right?
Quote:Very high quality like Zane Beadles, right?
More like Iupati and/or Bulaga.....Jesus Christ there are some negative [BLEEP] on this board
Quote:I'm thinking the team finishes between 7-9 or 9-7 next year. 

Anything less than that, Bradley probably gets fired.

How many wins out of the following opponents?

Home Houston, Indianapolis, Tennessee, Miami, Atlanta, Carolina, AFC West* Away Houston, Indianapolis, Tennessee, New England, NY Jets, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, AFC North* London Buffalo

Personally I see 5 wins. If we don't manage at least that then...

Quote: 

How many wins out of the following opponents?

Home Houston, Indianapolis, Tennessee, Miami, Atlanta, Carolina, AFC West* Away Houston, Indianapolis, Tennessee, New England, NY Jets, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, AFC North* London Buffalo

think reasonably, IF what I said happens, then we could beat:

Tacks twice, Atl, Carolina, NY Jets, TB, Buffalo, Houston once, maybe Miami (9-7)
Quote:More like Iupati and/or Bulaga.....Jesus Christ there are some negative [BAD WORD REMOVED] on this board
Well let's be honest, Beadles is stealing money from the Jags lol
Quote:think reasonably, IF what I said happens, then we could beat:

Tacks twice, Atl, Carolina, NY Jets, TB, Buffalo, Houston once, maybe Miami (9-7)

Well I'm trying to be conservative: Tacks x2, Carolina, TB, NY Jets, Raiders* and Browns* (*AFC WEST and AFC NORTH). Hmm maybe you're right 7-9 is reasonable right? But honestly if the Jags cant at least muster 6 wins with a favorable schedule next year Jags need to move on. 

"Next Year" 

Jaguars fight chant since 2007, and still going strong.

Quote:BB has 3 seconds to throw the ball?
Yeah, if only!...

OP, you are aware that 3 seconds is very very good, no?

Quote:Yeah, if only!...

OP, you are aware that 3 seconds is very very good, no?
my bad  .03 seconds
Quote:"Next Year" 

Jaguars fight chant since 2007, and still going strong.
its like we are little Orphan Annie, and we keep signing "the sun will come out tomorrow".....but the sun doesn't come out, and Daddy Warbucks turns out to be an abusive pimp

Quote:its like we are little Orphan Annie, and we keep signing "the sun will come out tomorrow".....but the sun doesn't come out, and Daddy Warbucks turns out to be an abusive pimp

^Just watched the remake of "Annie" huh...

Quote:^Just watched the remake of "Annie" huh...
saw those annoying commercials too many times
Are we the Chicago Cubs?

Pages: 1 2