Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: MLB Hot Stove
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been a pretty crazy offseason already, especially in the AL East.

Rays lost Maddon and Friedman, and the new guy is off to a good start getting rid

of bottom of the roster players for decent prospects

Red Sox signed Panda and Hanley and are assured to make a big move for a pitcher or two.

Blue Jays aren't messing around and signed Martin and stole Josh Donaldson ([BLEEP] Beane).

Orioles lost Cruz to the Mariners and Markakis might sign elsewhere, too.

Braves already traded Heyward and Upton might be on the move as well.

MLB offseason is always my favorite. Setting up to be a good one.
I'm so glad that Pirates are not in the AL East.  They spend like Pac Man Jones in a strip club.

Why would the Braves trade Upton?  He is an elite player.  It makes zero sense. 

I keep seeing the reports/rumors and it really makes me mad. 

Knowing them they would trade him and get next to nothing in return. 

Wainwright for JD Drew

Mark Teixeira for Casey Kotchman

Braves decided to put their $$ into the stadium this year.

I think that loss to Kansas City has made Beane go crazy.
Quote:I think that loss to Kansas City has made Beane go crazy.

Maybe he just sees that he wasn't going to win with that core. 
Quote:Maybe he just sees that he wasn't going to win with that core.

I get that, but all the returns have been underwhelming.

At least to me.
Rays just traded Myers for scraps.

This offseason has been nuts.
Padres traded for Justin Upton.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of season they have with that OF of Wil Myers, Kemp, and now Upton.

Quote:Rays just traded Myers for scraps.

This offseason has been nuts.

Not really a fan of that trade. This has been a horrific offseason losing Maddon, Dave Martinez, trading away Myers. St Pete holding the team back from looking at Tampa.

The team leaving the bay area is a real possibility.
I'm not sure if youth will catch up to the Cubs in the short term in their quest to get to the playoffs and finally end their World Series win drought that goes back to after the 1908 season.   But I'm very impressed with the talent that they have added to their organization the last few years.   The recent acquisition of OF Dexter Fowler in a trade with the Astros gives the Cubs a high OBP OF at the top of their lineup.    The Cardinals have a great organization and the Pirates have improved substantially in recent seasons.   Yet,  in the next 10 years,  it will be interesting to see if any team in the NL Central or the National League overall can match or exceed the pure talent that the Cubs have added.  

As much as I like the Pirates, I must admit that a World Series Championship for the Cubs would pretty much be the best thing for the MLB this year.