Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bengal Cats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We got a Bengal Kitten a few months back and took her in to get "fixed" today.  When my wife went to pick her up, the vet was kind of "out of breath".  The cat got away from them and was running around the facility.

What is kind of ironic is that the instructions from the vet are "no running or jumping for 10 days".  The thing is, that's exactly what this breed of cat does.  At 6 months old she can jump from the floor onto the kitchen counter or the table without any effort.  She loves to jump up onto my desk then get up on the window sill that my desk faces.

How do you keep a cat like that from "running or jumping for 10 days"?

By the way, as with most of my pets she is named after a Jaguar player.  Her name is Jalyn.

Quote:By the way, as with most of my pets she is named after a Jaguar player.  Her name is Jalyn.
Better teach her to intercept the paper balls you toss into the garbage bin at your desk. 
My best friend has one and his name is Jag, and not because she's a fan. He is an awesome cat and bengals are the only breed my husband has minimal to no allergic reaction to. Sadly they cost a mint for our budget....that and we have a Jardine's parrot my husband had before we got married. It's taken the bird 5 years to get used to me, a cat? Not so much. And they live forever so I don't see us getting a 'Jag kitty' anytime soon. 

Quote:Better teach her to intercept the paper balls you toss into the garbage bin at your desk. 

You would not believe how this little cat can reach a paw out and grab something.  I never have been a "cat person" but this little cat is pretty cool.
Quote:You would not believe how this little cat can reach a paw out and grab something.  I never have been a "cat person" but this little cat is pretty cool.

They can climb like nobody's business too. I once had an anxiety attack at my friend's house, too many people and too much noise. I go outside and sit on the grass to calm down and Jag comes over trying to get my attention but I'm not having any of it. He proceeds to jump on my back and climb up to my shoulders to nuzzle my head. Those are some sharp claws!
I was thinking yall were talking about Bengal Tigers...I was like...WHAT?

I think I'll go to the Chinese buffet for lunch.
Quote:I was thinking yall were talking about Bengal Tigers...I was like...WHAT?

They are good jumpers too.
I bet they need a big liter box.

Quote:I bet they need a big liter box.

Liters only come in one size dummie.
Well, regardless...

Quote:How do you keep a cat like that from "running or jumping for 10 days"?

One of our cats recently had surgery so we borrowed a dog sized cage from a friend. Big enough for a small litter box and her bedding. Poor thing had to wear a cone for 2 weeks too, she was miserable. 
Quote:Liters only come in one size dummie.
I didn't order a liter. I ordered a large Farva.
Quote:I didn't order a liter. I ordered a large Farva.

Are you sure you don't wanna upsize it? It's only a quarter more.
Liter, litter, tomato, tomatoe...same thing

Quote:We got a Bengal Kitten a few months back and took her in to get "fixed" today.  When my wife went to pick her up, the vet was kind of "out of breath".  The cat got away from them and was running around the facility.

What is kind of ironic is that the instructions from the vet are "no running or jumping for 10 days".  The thing is, that's exactly what this breed of cat does.  At 6 months old she can jump from the floor onto the kitchen counter or the table without any effort.  She loves to jump up onto my desk then get up on the window sill that my desk faces.

How do you keep a cat like that from "running or jumping for 10 days"?

By the way, as with most of my pets she is named after a Jaguar player.  Her name is Jalyn.

This reminds me of what happened when I adopted my cat. She and her twin brother were fixed the day before. He acted like nothing happened, running and jumping and playing with toys. Certainly it takes more than 24 hours to recover from neutering, but he did not care. It made me wonder if spaying is more painful than neutering because my kitten had no interest in fun and games for a couple days. She started to get active before her first appointment, however, and loves playing with toy mice. BTW they are not Bengal cats.

Wow. Daisy can't jump on my bed very well. Without a running start, she sometimes misses it. She is "at least 6 months, maybe 7" and small for her age, according to the vet.

Quote:This reminds me of what happened when I adopted my cat. She and her twin brother were fixed the day before. He acted like nothing happened, running and jumping and playing with toys. Certainly it takes more than 24 hours to recover from neutering, but he did not care. It made me wonder if spaying is more painful than neutering because my kitten had no interest in fun and games for a couple days. She started to get active before her first appointment, however, and loves playing with toy mice. BTW they are not Bengal cats.

Wow. Daisy can't jump on my bed very well. Without a running start, she sometimes misses it. She is "at least 6 months, maybe 7" and small for her age, according to the vet.

Of course spaying has to be more painful. You're cutting through the abdominal wall compared to a snipping through a little skin. Huge difference in pain and recovery.
Says the chick.

Quote:Of course spaying has to be more painful. You're cutting through the abdominal wall compared to a snipping through a little skin. Huge difference in pain and recovery.

That's what I thought, but you would think neutering is painful enough for a cat to not run, jump, and play less than 24 hours later.
Pages: 1 2