Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Branch's injury
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off, I'm curious as to whether or not there have been any updates on his injury.

Second, I want to vent a little bit because I feel like each time he has come back from his injury he has done so too soon, as each time he promptly re-injured it. 

I understand that it's important to play hurt, but has it really been worth the risk to throw him back into the fire early each time? 

i saw him standing on the sidelines celebrating with the DL after that last sack/fumble

He re-aggravated the groin strain/tear.  Which happens pretty commonly in my estimation.  It's a tricky one to gauge apparently - because I've seen so many athletes come back from it only to aggravate it again quickly over the years. 

Maybe he came back too soon.  Maybe it's the nature of the injury. 

Easy to reinjure then groin. He came back too soon and against a struggling o-line. Would have rather had him wait until the Houston game.
@NYC4jags, I feel like that is the nature of the injury. Which is why I'm frustrated that it doesn't feel like they're being patient and letting it truly heal.

From what I understand, (and somebody, please correct me if I'm wrong), groin injuries are a lot like hamstring injuries. They need a lot of time to rest and recover, and if you put too much stress on it before it's completely healed, then the injury can easily be re-aggravated. Often times with hamstring injuries, when the player is feeling good, they give him another week to rest it just because it's not worth the risk of having him restart the healing process.

It's that reason that it's felt like they've really rushed him back, and in doing so have compromised his entire season.