Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Best comment I read yesterday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Blake: [BAD WORD REMOVED] jedd fisch, I'm winning this game.
Preach! :thumbsup:

Yep.

It was so cool when after the gnats kickoff.....

the big boards said "Bortles Kombat" and he took control and brought the team down the field for the score.

The crowd went absolutely crazy.

G-men never knew what hit them. :woot:

Yep, I hope he does that some more....he needs to play his way.

Agreed.  Fisch isn't the only issue on our offense, but I don't think he's ideal for Blake.  Let him run around and make plays.  This dink and dunk stuff isn't conducive to Blake's style of play.

Quote:Agreed.  Fisch isn't the only issue on our offense, but I don't think he's ideal for Blake.  Let him run around and make plays.  This dink and dunk stuff isn't conducive to Blake's style of play.

That's a band aid fix in my opinion.  The single-read then run quarterbacks don't last very long in this league with rare exception.  I'm fine with the team figuring out what the Giants defense was giving up and taking it from them and doing that again on occasion, but that style of offense yesterday increases the chance of QB injury.  We want a pocket passer who CAN run but ONLY DOES SO when the opportunity presents itself in crucial situations during the game.  If you're just talking about rolling out to pass more often, then I'm fine with that for now but the line play and/or personnel needs to get better so Blake doesn't have to do that.
Quote:That's a band aid fix in my opinion.  The single-read then run quarterbacks don't last very long in this league with rare exception.  I'm fine with the team figuring out what the Giants defense was giving up and taking it from them and doing that again on occasion, but that style of offense yesterday increases the chance of QB injury.  We want a pocket passer who CAN run but ONLY DOES SO when the opportunity presents itself in crucial situations during the game.  If you're just talking about rolling out to pass more often, then I'm fine with that for now but the line play and/or personnel needs to get better so Blake doesn't have to do that.
I don't want a single-read run either, that isn't going to work for long.  That's pretty much what I'm saying is that we should design more rollouts and longer pass plays.  He plays better when he has more freedom.
O-LINE IS BROKE!!! FIX THE O-LINE...

Quote:O-LINE IS BROKE!!! FIX THE O-LINE...

Ditto. 
So when plays don't work, it's the play calling. When they do work, Blake didn't acknowledge the play called and ran it himself.

Ok just checking. Glad that's clear now.
o-line does need some attention

line coach you listening?

start with Joeckel....work with the dude and know by end of year if he's going to need replacing.

Oline is very young, most of them don't even have 32 games under their belt, and there are players in positions(LT) that need to play virtually mistake free or your whole game plan goes out the window.

Winning sure makes Mondays easier... Banana  Go Jaguars!!!

was listening to NFL radio today while driving home today and they were talking about how during Peyton mannings career after his rookie season he took the offense into his own hands and told the coordinators he was going to run the offense his way because it's his career and his pride ECT... On the line and he wants to control his own fate.

hopefully Bortles does the same and tells fisch I'm going to play my way so you either call what fits me or I'll do it myself

Quote:was listening to NFL radio today while driving home today and they were talking about how during Peyton mannings career after his rookie season he took the offense into his own hands and told the coordinators he was going to run the offense his way because it's his career and his pride ECT... On the line and he wants to control his own fate.

hopefully Bortles does the same and tells fisch I'm going to play my way so you either call what fits me or I'll do it myself
I hope so!!
Quote:was listening to NFL radio today while driving home today and they were talking about how during Peyton mannings career after his rookie season he took the offense into his own hands and told the coordinators he was going to run the offense his way because it's his career and his pride ECT... On the line and he wants to control his own fate.

If he fixes his footwork, I'm all for that.  He has a lot of things you look for in a QB.
He had great footwork in his last preseason game, not sure what happened over the course of this year...

oh yeah no oline...