Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Starting another Jag forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I've been thinking about this for awhile. Good idea or bad idea? Are people too settled in here to check out anywhere else?

Do it.. Worst case scenario is that it bombs. Could be nice.. 

I would of course allow swearing. Being Jag fans it's only fair.

Quote:I would of course allow swearing. Being Jag fans it's only fair.

Swearing is fine, bad words never bothered me, they're only words.. Could have a special section on the forum where "anything goes", just in case some people are offended by words.. 
I think there was one ran by someone on this board already...don't know how that turned out. Google jags message boards and see what's out there to gage if there is enough interest for another one. The more the merrier I say! :thumbsup:
The only reason I have been posting here so long is I have no other Jaguars forum to register at. Everywhere else I looked, all posts were several years old, so I knew nobody posts in them anymore. There were dead ends too: ESPN said it is no longer hosting forums even though I saw a link to one in my search results. And people ask me why I can't use Google. Well, that is a reason.

What I want is a message board that has a draft/trades/free agency forum and the ability to post images with a simple copy and paste. The way this board is set up, a lot of NFL discussions that are completely unrelated to college football end up in the college football section because there is no seperate section for player acquisition topics. And I will never understand why it is impossible to make copying images from my computer or websites easy for me because other forums can do it. However nothing will make me stop posting here until I find a better Jaguars board.

Quote:I think there was one ran by someone on this board already...don't know how that turned out. Google jags message boards and see what's out there to gage if there is enough interest for another one. The more the merrier I say!

The more the merrier when the vast majority of posts are less than a week old!  Unfortunately you would be very lucky to find one people actually go to regularly.
Meh I've joined a couple never stick around and always end up here. We're creatures of habit.
I think the no cursing rule here is a good one.....a lot of people curse so much that their point is lost in all of it.  Call me old fashioned...

If you have to curse to try and make a point, be funny, describe something, etc. Then you need help. In my opinion.
I couldn't care less about the no cussing either. Who wants a board to end up looking like the Jerry Springer show?
Quote:I couldn't care less about the no cussing either. Who wants a board to end up looking like the Jerry Springer show?

If it looks like the Jerry Springer show then I'm all for it....if there is cursing and it doesn't look like the Jerry Springer show then I'm against it.
Quote:If it looks like the Jerry Springer show then I'm all for it....if there is cursing and it doesn't look like the Jerry Springer show then I'm against it.

That could be an interesting board!! :thumbsup:
The Jaguars subreddit allows swearing Big Grin

While I agree about cursing and getting your point across I don't think many people who disagree it goes a bit overboard sometimes. When you see [BAD WORD REMOVED] it's like wait a second...that's really filtered? lol.

Quote:While I agree about cursing and getting your point across I don't think many people who disagree it goes a bit overboard sometimes. When you see [BAD WORD REMOVED] it's like wait a second...that's really filtered? lol.

It's like someone was watching Youtube while entering words to be filtered.. Either that or someone had a pretty traumatic experience as a child with butt gas.. 
Quote:While I agree about cursing and getting your point across I don't think many people who disagree it goes a bit overboard sometimes. When you see [BAD WORD REMOVED] it's like wait a second...that's really filtered? lol.

I hate seeing that. It filters the first three letters of Posluszny if you don't change the s to a z. I wish it could recognize the difference between all capital letters and one capital letter.

Some message boards give the administrator the ability to subsitute words so when someone types the s word, it is replaced with crap. I would love to see that here.
If you can lure JW in free agency to post on your board, then I think you may have a great message board.

I think she is a restricted Free agent at the end if this season. Good luck!
Quote:If you can lure JW in free agency to post on your board, then I think you may have a great message board.

I think she is a restricted free agent at the end if this season. Good luck!

Unrestricted. The only thing keeping me here is the lack of other Jaguars message boards.
Quote:So I've been thinking about this for awhile. Good idea or bad idea? Are people too settled in here to check out anywhere else?

This board is the #1 Jags board in the world at this time.

It will be very tough to compete with.

You will have to come up with a great gimmick to really get it going and keep it up.
Pages: 1 2