Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What if next year the offence improves as much as the defence has this season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know the defence isn't a top 10 unit right now, but regardless of the rankings, I think almost all of us are pretty happy with their overall performance. There are some issues in the back 7, but the pressure on the QB has been much more consistent, the team speed has improved, and there are actual playmakers on the field. 

I'm trying to get a realistic feel for this team going forward. And I think it's realistic for the offence, with all that inexperience being a year wiser, and with the promise of some offseason additions, to make a similar jump.

Assuming the defence plays at a similar level next season, but the offence makes a jump in 2015:

1) How many games do you think the team would win?

2) If it played out that way, would you be happy with the progress?

I think our offense can be better in the first game next year than our defense is right now.

Yes there are many mitigating factors involved in this happening.

but the ingredients are already here
The defense this season has given the offense a chance to win in 6 of 12 games.  They've been able to win two of the 6.  

By that count, I'd say the Jags could be at, or around .500 next year if the offense makes similar steps forward. 

We need more veteran presence on the offense.

I say make a move for Jimmy Graham or Julius Thomas. We got the cash, and it would give Bortles a REALLY nice target.

I could also see us signing a W/R. Cecil Shorts isn't getting the job done as the leader of that group.

Quote:We need more veteran presence on the offense.

I say make a move for Jimmy Graham or Julius Thomas. We got the cash, and it would give Bortles a REALLY nice target.

I could also see us signing a W/R. Cecil Shorts isn't getting the job done as the leader of that group.

Tight end and solidifying the o line are instrumental to next year's success.
Quote:Tight end and solidifying the o line are instrumental to next year's success.
Agree...a solid O line changes everything.  Start there...
Absolutely... Shore up the O-line and give Bortles enough time in the pocket to find a receiver w/o having to worry about his getting his block knocked off and we could be dangerous.

Quote:Agree...a solid O line changes everything.  Start there...

Who do you replace? Joeckel? Beadles? Pasztor? I think Linder and Bowanko are playing well, and should improve with experience.

If the O steps up we could see several more wins next year easily. Think about the games we could have won if the O didnt suck it up.

I believe we need some help on the OLine as well as an upgrade at TE, I have always liked Lewis but he has not shown anything the past two games in which I honestly thought he would do something in.

Also like you said part of our D still isnt very good...

Quote:Who do you replace? Joeckel? Beadles? Pasztor? I think Linder and Bowanko are playing well, and should improve with experience.

You bring in competition at LT, LG and RT. Let the cream rise to the top.  Competition will likely push at least one of those current starters to step up without replacement.

They need depth along the line anyway. No one wants to see McClendon coming off the bench.  

They have money to spend in FA and could draft an early or mid-rounder at one of those spots as well. 

Joeckel is still really young and immature.  I think a healthy offseason to gain strength and and some camp competition might bring him along a bit.  Pasztor has been playing with one hand.  Some competition could see him return to form or become solid depth. Either would help.  

I've been pretty happy with our Center play as of late, I really thought that was going to be a major need going into the offseason. Glad that doesnt seem to be the case as it stands now.