Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Coughlin is livid after losing to the Jags in his post-game interview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Says that: "The loss just doesn't make any sense."

http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/11/30/73...-any-sense

I really enjoyed watching that.

It makes sense he would say that. We suck pretty bad. We were down 21-0, and the offense scored 1TD. Couglin knows it wasn't Fisch who did them in, that's for sure, lol.
TC was genuinely frustrated with Sunday's loss to the Jags and it showed in his presser.

I really enjoyed watching an opposing coach feel that way.

The end is near for TC.

Quote:The end is near for TC.
Yeah I think so too. It's ironic that Coughlins career in NY would end in the same place where his coaching career began.
His players just got him fired. I'd be frustrated too.

The Rashad Jennings error in particular was awful

....welcome to Rock Bottom. 

Quote:His players just got him fired. I'd be frustrated too.

The Rashad Jennings error in particular was awful

You could say that one gaffe alone cost the Giants this game, especially the way the Jags offense was playing.

Now that was a bad decision by Jennings.

How come when we beat a team, they fire their coach? Are we the scum of the NFL?
Quote:How come when we beat a team, they fire their coach? Are we the scum of the NFL?

Do you REALLY have to ask?
Ehhh.  I don't feel bad for Coughlin in the slightest.  He got greedy after a taste of victory in Jax and tried to be GM, HC and OC when he really should have just been HC with "some input" into drafting.

I was happy when he was canned.  He was screwing up big time in my book.  He screwed up pretty bad in NY too before listening to some good advice from other coaches, management and veteran players when he was about to be fired.

Now he shares some blame in signing off on the hiring of a new OC that wanted to change a veteran QB's technique radically.  For all of his accolades - which are many - he has made more than his fair share of mistakes. 

I respect him and will always cherish and be grateful for  the victories he helped bring to Jacksonville, but he's screwed up plenty. 

Quote:How come when we beat a team, they fire their coach? Are we the scum of the NFL?

That any New Yorkers seem to have memories that last about 30 minutes
Quote:Ehhh.  I don't feel bad for Coughlin in the slightest.  He got greedy after a taste of victory in Jax and tried to be GM, HC and OC when he really should have just been HC with "some input" into drafting.

I was happy when he was canned.  He was screwing up big time in my book.  He screwed up pretty bad in NY too before listening to some good advice from other coaches, management and veteran players when he was about to be fired.

Now he shares some blame in signing off on the hiring of a new OC that wanted to change a veteran QB's technique radically.  For all of his accolades - which are many - he has made more than his fair share of mistakes. 

I respect him and will always cherish and be grateful for  the victories he helped bring to Jacksonville, but he's screwed up plenty. 

TC put us on the football map.

Every HC we have had since has been trying to erase us off the map.

I will always be thankful for the time we had TC as our HC.

We could have done much worse then TC, as you have all seen in most of the seasons he has been gone, with a few exceptions.
Quote:TC put us on the football map.

Every HC we have had since has been trying to erase us off the map.

I will always be thankful for the time we had TC as our HC.

We could have done much worse then TC, as you have all seen in most of the seasons he has been gone, with a few exceptions.

I agree with all of those statements. ^

Doesn't change the fact that he was screwing up and got himself fired  -- then nearly did it again in NY. 

2000-2002 he tried to be a dictator and went 7-9, 6-10, 6-10.  There was enough friction between Coughlin, the F.O. and Weaver that he was sent packing.  Would have happened to nearly any coach in that scenario. 

His last year in Jacksonville, he made lemonade out of sour lemons. Honestly NY has never liked him and has always been yeah but on any of the success.

Quote:His last year in Jacksonville, he made lemonade out of sour lemons. Honestly NY has never liked him and has always been yeah but on any of the success.

I don't think that's true.  I think most Giants fans really like/appreciate him.  Most of the local sports media treat him with lots of respect - which is not always the case up here with the media and coaches. 

To be clear - I'm not taking a "yeah but" attitude either.  I just think he's viewed as some legend that Weaver should never have fired when he actually  forced Weaver's hand by trying to go all (insert dictator of choice) on the organization. 

This loss probably is costing Coughlin his job

Quote:His last year in Jacksonville, he made lemonade out of sour lemons. Honestly NY has never liked him and has always been yeah but on any of the success.

That was DC John Pease.

Coughlin's offense (he was also OC that year) was 21st in points scored. The defense was 9th, in spite of having very little talent. Coughlin gets credit for hiring Pease (actually promoting him), but considering he hired the disaster of Gary Moeller the year before it seemed to be more of a case of a blind squirrel finding an acorn.

Funny thing is, Cleveland will be the only team we've beaten in the last two years that doesn't fire their head coach at the end of the season lol
Pages: 1 2