Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: more than the win and great defense. ....I saw something really cool...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After the first 2 games bb started we were ALL wondering what happened to his throws...it was like his MOJO all but disappeared.

Today? He showed killer instinct and that his mojo is strong. Lol.

the future appears to be bright indeed
A bit unrelated but something Blake should be doing more...

The read option is a huge play for us that needs to be used in more third and short situations. On the first drive of the game they tried some weird run to the outside with Robinson and nobody blocking him and it was awful. In the second half they started running the read-option with Blake/Dennard and out of the wildcat with Dennard/Todman and aside from one play it picked up big yards each time.

I liked the Wildcat wrinkle with DRob. Blake looked more like himself today. The O-line was poor, he didn't throw a couple of passes away to save yardage, but he made the clutch plays. Every young QB needs this kind of game.

Saw that same zip he had on his passes. No more ducks
The look in Bortles eye after they were moved out of FG range on the penalty by Wells was very telling.  As he stepped to the line he was in the zone. (at least it looked like it to me)  

I like the kid's grit and resiliency.  He's still got lots of work to do, but his will to win is undeniable.  We've all seen QB's with the deer in headlights blank gaze before.  Blake looks determined and confident when the pressure is on. I hope the rest of his game keeps progressing.  Could be a great asset if the mechanics and decision making can catch up to it. 

Playcalling is still odd. They finally started using some play action rollouts, at which Blake excels. Strange thing is, they called about 6 in a row... Then they abandoned it near the goal line when it would have been most effective.
Quote:The look in Bortles eye after they were moved out of FG range on the penalty by Wells was very telling.  As he stepped to the line he was in the zone. (at least it looked like it to me)  

I like the kid's grit and resiliency.  He's still got lots of work to do, but his will to win is undeniable.  We've all seen QB's with the deer in headlights blank gaze before.  Blake looks determined and confident when the pressure is on. I hope the rest of his game keeps progressing.  Could be a great asset if the mechanics and decision making can catch up to it. 
you might be right... then again...

I also hope to see if his mechanics and decision making comes along. He has the 'heart' for the game, which is more than can be said for a least one of our previous quarterbacks.
Quote:The look in Bortles eye after they were moved out of FG range on the penalty by Wells was very telling.  As he stepped to the line he was in the zone. (at least it looked like it to me)  

Agreed to All...

We have to allow BB5 to be BB5...

Call the play that plays to his strength and you'll see improvements on offense to say the least...

NH3...
The coolest thing I saw today, was what I DIDN'T see.

I didn't see any Jags turnovers, not an INT and not a fumble.

And they needed every one of those non-turnovers today to pull this game out.

Quote:Playcalling is still odd. They finally started using some play action rollouts, at which Blake excels. Strange thing is, they called about 6 in a row... Then they abandoned it near the goal line when it would have been most effective.
You can only do roll outs so many times before the defense starts countering it. The back side DE will start staying home and wait for the QB to roll out and blow up the play.
Quote:Playcalling is still odd. They finally started using some play action rollouts, at which Blake excels. Strange thing is, they called about 6 in a row... Then they abandoned it near the goal line when it would have been most effective.

After a few of those rollouts, the Giants started killing that thing.   They sent their linebackers up the field and Blake started getting hammered.  
I saw a gnats fan get ejected.....that was cool. LOL.

Quote:After a few of those rollouts, the Giants started killing that thing.   They sent their linebackers up the field and Blake started getting hammered.

Yeah, because they called it several times in a row, which was ridiculous. I would've liked to have seen it later in the game on either 2pt try.
Quote:I saw a gnats fan get ejected.....that was cool. LOL.
ha so did I!!!  The one I saw was in section 140. They were obnoxious early on but got real quiet in the 2nd half.  GREAT game to be at....
Quote:ha so did I!!!  The one I saw was in section 140. They were obnoxious early on but got real quiet in the 2nd half.  GREAT game to be at....

Those NY fans can be pretty obnoxious can't they?
Quote:Those NY fans can be pretty obnoxious can't they?

I just walked my dog with my Jags hat on in Manhattan.  Yes.   They are obnoxious.  
Did you forget Mojo is with the Raiders now??  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Quote:I just walked my dog with my Jags hat on in Manhattan.  Yes.   They are obnoxious.  

They are like that everytime I watch a game involving a NY team, any NY team in any sport.

It's just the way most of them are.
Quote:Did you forget Mojo is with the Raiders now??  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

I think the Raiders have forgotten Mojo is with the Raiders.

Have you seen his numbers this year?
Quote:They are like that everytime I watch a game involving a NY team, any NY team in any sport.

It's just the way most of them are.
While I think every fan base has it's fair share of obnoxious fans, the Jets fan base might be the most obnoxious of all of the NYC teams. 

I've attended two of the preseason Giants/Jets games as well as a Jags games versus the Jets up here.   I've been to Yankee stadium with a red sox hat on (my GF is from RI) and to the old Shea stadium with a Braves hat on.  The Jets fans take the prize for toughest to deal with and general lack of class. 

Pages: 1 2