Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This could very well be the game that turns our fortune around...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Unbelievable win....

I lost hope in the 2nd quarter just like the rest of you, but I'm more than happy to eat a bathtub full of chow right now!

It seems if you think about it, a lot of the great players and teams have had to come back and win some improbable game before they could become good. Think back to Favre and the Packers in 92' against the Bengals. The media might not care about us or this win, but this is the type of victory that lays the foundation for championship teams.

Outstanding job guys!

If we win next week....I'll believe
Quote:Unbelievable win....

I lost hope in the 2nd quarter just like the rest of you, but I'm more than happy to eat a bathtub full of chow right now!

It seems if you think about it, a lot of the great players and teams have had to come back and win some improbable game before they could become good. Think back to Favre and the Packers in 92' against the Bengals. The media might not care about us or this win, but this is the type of victory that lays the foundation for championship teams.

Outstanding job guys!

I second this opinion!
I agree it's the kind of win a team can feed off of.  Especially since Bortles was a major asset and not a hindrance.  Lee also took another step forward.  Boy, he looks speedy when he runs. 

The defense will continue at a high level, I think.  They got some payoffs today and you could tell they were sharks smelling blood.  These young fast LBs are making big plays, and the secondary was tight in coverage. 

I think we still need more talent on the OL, at TE, at S, and maybe LB.  We also need a backup QB.

Quote:Unbelievable win....

Outstanding job guys!
Championship teams? Championship?  Jaguars have won 2 games. Championship team?  This board consistently overreacts to every loss and every rare win.

This win does not lay the foundation for anything. It takes the Jaguars out of the first pick in the draft.
Quote:Championship teams? Championship?  Jaguars have won 2 games. Championship team?  This board consistently overreacts to every loss and every rare win.

This win does not lay the foundation for anything. It takes the Jaguars out of the first pick in the draft.
Awww. Don't rain on the fans enthusiasm because of a win; they're pretty darn rare around here these days. Having said that though... you're right. From a practical point of view, all this win did was to lower our draft level. Nevertheless, a 'comeback' victory is fun and should be relished...

Quote:Championship teams? Championship?  Jaguars have won 2 games. Championship team?  This board consistently overreacts to every loss and every rare win.

Quote:Awww. Don't rain on the fans enthusiasm because of a win; they're pretty darn rare around here these days. Having said that though... you're right. From a practical point of view, all this win did was to lower our draft level. Nevertheless, a 'comeback' victory is fun and should be relished...
LOL, troll fail.
There is one thing todays win can do for the players,and team. Thats  build thier confidence. Thats not laying a foundation at all,that will just help them work harder come off season. We still got games to play this year first though. 

Kittens turned into cats today, still not quite Big Cats, but getting closer
Great game... Bortles didnt turn the ball over, colvin got his first touch down in the nfl, and we beat jennings and tom lol.... But i dont want to get ahead of myself, we beat a team that is in a tailspin after losing 6 straght games....still lots of stuff to improve in the offence but good game.
 'The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.' - Vince Lombardi

This very well could be a turning point, but we've got to start seeing some consistency.  That needs to happen on the offensive side of the ball.   I have no confidence in our offense to do anything.  In fact, when we got the ball at the end of the fourth quarter, I was expecting us to blow it.  It's that bad.  As far as I'm concerned, we will have turned our fortunes around when we feel confident enough to go down the field and score when we are supposed to or to put a team away earlier than 20 seconds left on the clock.

Quote: 'The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.' - Vince Lombardi

Well so far someone isn't measuring up.
Quote:Great game. Bortles didnt turn the ball over, Colvin got his first touchdown in the NFL, and we beat Jennings and Tom LOL. But I don't want to get ahead of myself, we beat a team that is in a tailspin after losing 6 straght games....still lots of stuff to improve in the offense but good game.

The offense still is missing a few pieces, but the biggest need on that side is experience. I have 100% confidence we will improve offensively next season. No interceptions by Blake Bortles yesterday is evidence improvement already started.
this 'could' be a turning point for the team!..... or not; we've seen it before.

Offense still has a lot of work, especially the online. Very good to see BB not throw a game ending pic there to seal the game.
Quote:Offense still has a lot of work, especially the o-line. Very good to see BB not throw a game ending pick there to seal the game.

That was impossible. There were only 20 seconds left. No interceptions all game was beautiful.

I am worried about the offensive line's pass protection. We can't allow that many sacks and expect to win.
Quote:That was impossible. There were only 20 seconds left. No interceptions all game was beautiful.

I am worried about the offensive line's pass protection. We can't allow that many sacks and expect to win.
ON THE GAME WINNING DRIVE WHERE SCOBEE KICKED A FG.......
Thanks Frailbones, I guess some of us don't actually watch the games.

Quote:ON THE GAME WINNING DRIVE WHERE SCOBEE KICKED A FG.......

That was not our last possession.
Pages: 1 2