Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Interesting facts following The Jags come from behind Victory against the G-Men
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Congrats to all of the Jags because I didn't think they had it in them to come back from 21-0.  Bortles was the player of the game as well.

1. The Jags are 5-0 when scoring 24 points or more under Caldwell/Bradley.  (thanks to Ron Jeremy announcer)

2. This is the first game Bortles not only did not throw an INT but was by far the player of the game. Running/Passing threat

3. This come from behind was the biggest come back in Team History.  The old record was 15 back in '96.

4. Aaron Colvin in his second game recovered a TD and took it to the house.  WOW

5. The offensive had 0 turnovers.

6. This defensive line came out on fire in the second half.  The first half this line was pathetic but they came out guns blazing.  Sendarick Marks maybe out best player period.  He picked up another sack with a crushing hit on the RB in the backfield.

7. Despite Joeckle the Joke trying to give this game away the offensive line played much better in the second half.  Bortles had time to pass and killed NY with his legs.

On point 7: Wells > Pasztor.

Quote:On point 7: Wells > Pasztor.

Yes pasztor is weak
Quote:  Bortles was the player of the game as well.

LOL. 
Quote:On point 7: Wells > Pasztor.

Pasztor appeared to be obviously playing with one hand IMO.  Wells may turn out to be a really good depth find by Caldwell, but there's a reason that Pasztor has been worse since the injury. 
Quote:LOL. 
What is so funny?  Had the game winning drive and made key plays at crucial moments
Quote:LOL. 

You missed those defensive plays by Blake, too, huh?
How many sacks did we have today?
Quote:What is so funny?  Had the game winning drive and made key plays at crucial moments
[Image: nfl_a_marks_d1_200x300.jpg]
Crazy how Eli and Blake, the two QBs that have the propensity to throw picks, with 0 today
Quote:[Image: nfl_a_marks_d1_200x300.jpg]

I couldn't agree more. What a freaking monster
Quote:I couldn't agree more. What a freaking monster
Yep.  That's the MVP of the game, right there. 
Quote:Pasztor appeared to be obviously playing with one hand IMO.  Wells may turn out to be a really good depth find by Caldwell, but there's a reason that Pasztor has been worse since the injury. 
I really liked Pasztor and you could tell the line got better when he came back in for Bradfield but the past 3/4 games he's not looked good at all, I've seen him fall down a few times and it was costing us.
Quote:You missed those defensive plays by Blake, too, huh?
Yes the defense came up big but it was the defense as a unit.  The whole Unit can't get Player of the game.  Blake had a long bomb to lee and made key plays when this team needing it.  Leading the last drive for the game winner also says hi
Jags gave up 7 sacks.

Giants gave up 4 sacks.

This game was a huge one for OTC University, as it had a lot of players on both sides.

(If you're wondering what OTCU is, it's Orange Traffic Cone University of course.  They had a lot of O-linemen playing for both teams)

Quote:I really liked Pasztor and you could tell the line got better when he came back in for Bradfield but the past 3/4 games he's not looked good at all, I've seen him fall down a few times and it was costing us.
I agree completely.  I just think the broken hand was really hurting him. When he went down with the leg/hip injury (or whatever it was) they replayed the down on FOX.  You could see he didn't want to use his right hand at all when engaging the rusher.  I think he's been essentiality playing with one hand since he was hurt this year.  
Gus has been attempting to break the 1995 comeback record of being down by 15 points for 2 years now.  He strategically gets the team down by 20+ points then makes his move to break the comeback record.

Bortles didn't really have time, but he created space for himself to get clean looks down field, something he really hasn't had in several weeks.  It was a major adjustment that also opened up the huge runs he had.

Quote:Congrats to all of the Jags because I didn't think they had it in them to come back from 21-0.  Bortles was the player of the game as well.

1. The Jags are 5-0 when scoring 24 points or more under Caldwell/Bradley.  (thanks to Ron Jeremy announcer)

2. This is the first game Bortles not only did not throw an INT but was by far the player of the game. Running/Passing threat

3. This come from behind was the biggest come back in Team History.  The old record was 15 back in '96.

4. Aaron Colvin in his second game recovered a TD and took it to the house.  WOW

5. The offensive had 0 turnovers.

6. This defensive line came out on fire in the second half.  The first half this line was pathetic but they came out guns blazing.  Sendarick Marks maybe out best player period.  He picked up another sack with a crushing hit on the RB in the backfield.

7. Despite Joeckle the Joke trying to give this game away the offensive line played much better in the second half.  Bortles had time to pass and killed NY with his legs.
point #2.... not.

the defense won this game, not Bortles.
Quote:How many sacks did we have today?

Offensive or Defenssive?

NH3...
Quote:point #2.... not.

the defense won this game, not Bortles.

The defense scored the necessary points to allow the offense to win the game...

Defense + Offense = Victory...

NH3...
Pages: 1 2