Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: So how about those halftime adjustments...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Did Bradley and crew just pencil whip the great Tom Coughlin?
Defense decided the put the team on their backs.  They were ferocious. 

I didn't watch the 2nd half but I'm guessing Eli was Eli. 

Biggest comeback in Jags history FYI...
Play calling got better too. Rollout passes worked well.
Quote:I didn't watch the 2nd half but I'm guessing Eli was Eli. 
Eli didn't screw this up. The D just took over.
Yea good HT planning.

I cannot believe I said that

Quote:I didn't watch the 2nd half but I'm guessing Eli was Eli.

Lol ur not a fan and u know it
Quote:Lol ur not a fan and u know it

You caught me derp.
I was glad we didnt stick to our normal play calling...that helped alot. When it did sneak in it showed tho.

It was a great game.  The defense was great.  The defense scored 2 TDs.  That's how we won.

Our offense played alot looser today and it allowed BB5 to not get too tight.  I thought the play calling was OK once they opened up the plays after they realized the game was "over".

But I wouldn't say there were any real adjustments so much as the Jags D didn't give up they came out like a bunch of rabid dogs.  And the offense decided to play to win, rather than play not to lose.
I love having hope for the future.

And today validated my hope
Quote:I was glad we didnt stick to our normal play calling...that helped alot. When it did sneak in it showed tho.

That's how I saw it too.  Once the OC realized the game was over, he started calling some things to get chunks of yardage.  But let's face it, it's not like the offense was what won this game.  The D line and LBs woke up and really got after it.  

Now I will say, I liked the play of Lee and BB5 for not giving up.  Shoelace also had a huge run that was all heart that I think kept momentum on our side.  He gained like 10 yards when he should have lost 5.  It really kept us going.

Then there was the wildcat plays that helped move the chains.  Also the read option stuff gave us chunks of yardage.  Those are all great things.  But the wildcat with shoelace, read option with BB5, and bootlegs is not an offensive philosophy that is gonna get us a ton of wins...
Quote:I love having hope for the future.

And today validated my hope

You realize that even with a loss, you can have hope...  Just sayin...
love the halftime adjustment nonsense. We scored 2 TD's off turnovers, must have drawn that up at halftime haha.

Every week if a team plays better in the second half it is put down to these supposed gameplans drawn up in 10 mins at halftime

Par for the course as usual for some posters here I see. If the opposing team would have tighten up their defense you would be bringing the praise out as to how superior the other team is and how incompetent our coaching staff is. If the Jags do it then its because the other team slacked since the game was already won and it was good effort from the players. No praise for the coaches allowed.
No I just think that these haftime adjustments are somewhat overblown. 

The D has been playing great lately which is a reflected on the coaches. The O did enough to win at the end too so everyone deserves credit for that too. Not sure how a supposed adjustment helps the other team have to fumbles for TD's though.

Quote:That's how I saw it too. Once the OC realized the game was over, he started calling some things to get chunks of yardage. But let's face it, it's not like the offense was what won this game. The D line and LBs woke up and really got after it.

Now I will say, I liked the play of Lee and BB5 for not giving up. Shoelace also had a huge run that was all heart that I think kept momentum on our side. He gained like 10 yards when he should have lost 5. It really kept us going.

Then there was the wildcat plays that helped move the chains. Also the read option stuff gave us chunks of yardage. Those are all great things. But the wildcat with shoelace, read option with BB5, and bootlegs is not an offensive philosophy that is gonna get us a ton of wins...

That's called gameplanning against your opponent. The coaches saw a weakness and exploited it. You noticed how this was the first time all season those types of plays were called? That's good coaching. No one said that will be the offensive staple moving forward. They are allowed to change gameplans for each opponent you know.
took this from the Giants board:

"Once again being out coached...Jax made adjustments at halftime,the Giants have no answers...week after week its the same thing.."

Quote:Par for the course as usual for some posters here I see. If the opposing team would have tighten up their defense you would be bringing the praise out as to how superior the other team is and how incompetent our coaching staff is. If the Jags do it then its because the other team slacked since the game was already won and it was good effort from the players. No praise for the coaches allowed.

It was 21-3 at halftime. Something sure changed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4