Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: New Black Panther Members Wanted To Go On Bombing Spree, But Couldn’t Because Their EBT Card Ran Out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

New Black Panther Members Wanted To Go On Bombing Spree, But Couldn’t Because Their EBT Card Ran Out

Last weekend, we brought you the story of a couple of New Black Panther members who were conspiring to plant bombs in the Ferguson area during protests. The two men were caught trying to buy pipe bombs in a law enforcement sting.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/11/208957-n...ard-money/

Quote:New Black Panther Members Wanted To Go On Bombing Spree, But Couldn’t Because Their EBT Card Ran Out

Last weekend, we brought you the story of a couple of New Black Panther members who were conspiring to plant bombs in the Ferguson area during protests. The two men were caught trying to buy pipe bombs in a law enforcement sting.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/11/208957-n...ard-money/

Maybe if all of their money wasn't coming from welfare, they might have succeeded...
I don't understand how the EBT card has anything to do with it? You can only buy food on the EBT cards, what did that have to do with them trying to buy pipe bombs? 

Unless they where trading food stamps for explosives? 

All Benefits are now on EBT cards. No Checks are mailed to anyone anymore. You now have a card where the money is direct deposited

Quote:All Benefits are now on EBT cards. No Checks are mailed to anyone anymore. You now have a card where the money is direct deposited

ok so they must also receive cash assistance.
Quote:All Benefits are now on EBT cards. No Checks are mailed to anyone anymore. You now have a card where the money is direct deposited

Correct. We now have taxpayer funded domestic terrorism.

What a wonderful feeling...
Quote:I don't understand how the EBT card has anything to do with it? You can only buy food on the EBT cards, what did that have to do with them trying to buy pipe bombs? 

A lot of people sell their food stamps for money, usually at a discounted rate. At least that's what I've been told from a pretty credible source.. (AKA someone who's done it)
Quote:A lot of people sell their food stamps for money, usually at a discounted rate. At least that's what I've been told from a pretty credible source.. (AKA someone who's done it)

They don't actually get stamps anymore though do they? I thought it was all loaded on that card thing.
Quote:They don't actually get stamps anymore though do they? I thought it was all loaded on that card thing.

I don't know how it works, but I know they do it..
Quote:They don't actually get stamps anymore though do they? I thought it was all loaded on that card thing.

Yea it's on a card, when we had our third my wife was on wic and they gave her a card. it was only for specific stuff though, you could get 2 gallons of this milk and a dozen of this eggs and this specific loaf of bread on certain dates. if you didn't use it during those days the items expired and the card just didn't work, if you picked up the wrong item the card didn't work.
Quote:Yea it's on a card, when we had our third my wife was on wic and they gave her a card. it was only for specific stuff though, you could get 2 gallons of this milk and a dozen of this eggs and this specific loaf of bread on certain dates. if you didn't use it during those days the items expired and the card just didn't work, if you picked up the wrong item the card didn't work.

It's good that it's all on one card now. Those one use stamps and check things were a total waste of paper and money.
Quote:It's good that it's all on one card now. Those one use stamps and check things were a total waste of paper and money.

They load it all onto a card. When I lived in Albany there was a chain of grocery stores called price chopper.

A few blocks from the bar that I'd sometimes work the door at there was a price chopper that was 24 hours we appropriately called the ghetto chopper.

Every now and then there would be a sketchy looking character who would be ballsy enough to walk around the store and ask if you were buying groceries and if you would mind giving him cash and he buys your groceries.

Some others would go into the store and buy steaks and then try to sell them for half as much while walking past all the drunks pouring out of the bars.

I never once had the feeling that anyone doing either had any good intentions or appropriate use for the cash.
Side note, is that a legit news article and site?
Quote:Side note, is that a legit news article and site?

Drifter is not real concerned about using legit news articles or legit sites. It's all about emotional impact.

We're supposed to get all riled up about them, so we can feel so much better about ourselves.

Ferguson has provided a mother lode for such stuff.
It's Legit: Independent Journal Review is the top website for news, political cartoons, breaking news, facts and commentary on political elections.

Quote:It's Legit: Independent Journal Review is the top website for news, political cartoons, breaking news, facts and commentary on political elections.

Still not clickin the link. I don't want viruses on my new phone.. No offense..
Quote:I don't understand how the EBT card has anything to do with it? You can only buy food on the EBT cards, what did that have to do with them trying to buy pipe bombs?

Wrong. My friends bum of an aunt bought cell phones and cigarettes with an EBT card. It's not regulated to what they can buy. That's a major problem. If you are that poor you have no business buying a cell phone or cigarettes .
Quote:Wrong. My friends bum of an aunt bought cell phones and cigarettes with an EBT card. It's not regulated to what they can buy. That's a major problem. If you are that poor you have no business buying a cell phone or cigarettes .

She must have cash assistance then, OR the store owner is committing fraud and checking out non-food items as food. I know a certain gas station not far from my work where they go use EBT cards to purchase hot food, the store just checks it out as freezer food which is like normal groceries.