Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags can eliminate the Giants Sunday.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the results from turkey day. If the Jags defeat the Giants, the NYG-men will be eliminated from the playoffs.

Giants are 3-8. Lose puts them at 3-9. Lions and Seahawks already have 8 wins for the wildcard spots and their division leader Eagles have 9 wins.

At least we can end another teams slim hopes sunday.
They were eliminated when Detroit won. 

I'm a little confused. NFL.com shows the Giants still alive after Thursday http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-pict...le=HP11_cp

but cbs says they were eliminated.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace
Quote:With the results from turkey day. If the Jags defeat the Giants, the NYG-men will be eliminated from the playoffs.

Giants are 3-8. Lose puts them at 3-9. Lions and Seahawks already have 8 wins for the wildcard spots and their division leader Eagles have 9 wins.

At least we can end another teams slim hopes sunday.
I wouldnt worry about that.  All opposing QBs have on average 99. something QB rating against us... Eli will probably look like a genius since our DBs are horrible... unless Gus can figure out a way to get to Eli and have the CBs press the line to stop the short pass... Eli will eventually get into a grove like QBs have all year against us and throw for over 300 yards
^ Exactly.  Eli has been pretty bad this year, and he is going to look brilliant on Sunday.  We are just that bad.  Then come next week when he plays a quality opponent, he will be back down to earth.  I just don't see this going well on Sunday, at all.  Coughlin is fighting for his job, and he is going prove something against his former team.

I agree CSO14.  Unless Gus can figure out some fix for FS Josh Evans, and hopefully Aaron Colvin will start at CB.

I thought about something from the Colts game could Toby's problems stem from not playing in a dome?