Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hard to remain optimistic with 7 straight years Jags can't go 500.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really don't know where to begin.   So i will start off saying.  Happy thanksgiving to all the die hard Jags fans like me.  Their family's and the trolls as well.   Now some here won't be able to read this and that is fine.   For those who can.  I am torn.  Between what I want to believe and what my eyes have seen.   At this point there is no easy solution.  On one end I wanna say for two straight years in the rebuilding stage.  The  majority of teams we played are in the play off hunt.

Now does that give the coaches a pass for basic fundamentals not being preformed?   I really don't know.  Is Gus really this bad?   I can't answer that.  I will say though the worst mistake we could of done.  Is have Blake learn from Chad.  With us not being a playoff caliber team.  Was there any reason to not start Blake?  We have seen what he has learned.  How to become Chad 2.0.   This is exactly how Henne started with the Dolphins.  Tons of picks.  If you don't believe me look back at Chad's stats.

So while tons said don't start Blake and have him sit as long as possible.  Did he learn anything sitting?   Also can I honestly blame a coaching staff when our top Receiver is not our Vet Shorts, Not our top draft picks,  but our Undrafted Rookie Hurns.  And if you think for one second he was not brought in do to Jed.  You are sadly mistaken.  And if our best Runningback is a former quarterback.  That is both a fail at our Rb Michael Alstott 2.0 Toby.  And please tell me the last qb turned into full time running back that turned into pro bowl caliber?   Could Robinson be an exception?  Sure!   But highly doubt it. 

I told people from the start.  Gratz was not great they looked at me and laughed.   Cyp is not DD as we thought he could be.  part of the reason why is the rules in favor of wide receivers that were not in place many years ago.  But still that is no excuse.  The Monroe trade for the life of me I will never get.  Was a bad move then and stick by that now.  So do we blame the Gm for a line instead of two bookend tackles has one who is struggling?   The coaches for very bad clock management, and poor fundamentals, and , not much better schemes?  Or the players for the injury bug and poor performances?  I still don't know.

The one thing I do know is this.  7 years in a row cant win 8 games.   7 years in a row can't average more then 28 points a game.   Changed owners, staff, GM's, Coaches, Qb's etc.  And still can't average 28 points a game.  Can't average 21 points a game.  Still can't tackle in the back field.   Can't score TD's in the red zone.  And all the field updates in the world do not matter.  Cause the product on the field still stinks.  

Now before people bash me.   For being highly upset.  Realize the young excuse don't count with me.   Tons of teams were young and progressed.   We have not.  Tons of young teams had injury bugs and still were competitive.  We are not.   Gus has a huge video back in Seattle where he screams at his players do your job.  Yet don't see that fire out here and instead lets celebrate losing.   Why is that?   I believe he forgot about his roots.  And instead of being the heel to the players.  Chose to be the face or pride of the organization.  And has failed.  Dave while has acquired some good FA talent.  Has continuously failed at draft picks.  Or it seams that way so far.  For a man that prides himself on hitting his draft picks.  So far failed.   My reasoning behind it.  Is he had to count on Gus to bring in talent from Seattle or he would look a lot worse right now.

The problem we have which is both a gift and a curse is the buddy system.  It is a gift cause Clemons and Bryant are that good.  And a fail cause there is not much of a sales pitch out side of what they already know.  Now some will say stay strong and remain patient cause it is a rebuild.  My reply to them is this. If i was Khan I would be beyond upset.  And looking to clean house yet again.  And this time just grab proven winners.   And a Offensive Guru.  Cause you have to be able to compete with today's Nfl.  

And a top D does not mean much till playoff time in today's NFL.  If you can't average at least three touchdowns a game.  So while I will root for the Jags Win, Lose, or draw every fan has the right to question stuff right now.  And not believe anything until the product on the field shows true improvement and wins at least 8 games.

But at the same time.  Still be greatful those lucky enough to live in Jacksonville.   To have a team to watch live period.  Cause there a ton who do not.   

So Go jags let's win the remaining games and let Blake air it out and see what we have.   Cause if he can't prove he is better then Chad 2.0 by end of season.  I would not pass on another great potential qb.  And be stuck with Leftwich when could of drafted Big Ben.  And don't get me wrong Love Blake.  But if shows nothing.  Don't be surprise if khan cleans house the new Gm or Coach see's a qb gem sitting there and Trades Blake to Get him.  I know that sounds crazy.  But this is a win now league.  Now bash away.

We were .500 in 2010.
We went .500 in 2010. So this is the 4th year in a row we can't make .500.

Fair enough 6 out of 7.  

But Jean Smiff

Your simple problem is this. You are placing conditions upon being a fan of this team. Either you are, or you are not. The rest is consequential.

Ask a Cub fan sometime. Or, find a Red Sox fan that is older than 15 and ask them.

Nobody makes you choose a team to root for. If you want the easy choice, just cheer for the team that's on top that year.

Nobody is going to choose for you. Sometimes teams suck, and it goes on for years. Deal with it, or find the hot team and bandwagon. That's essentially your choice. 

And as a fan have the right to be emotional with my team.   Never said I was going to quit.  Even cubs fans and redsox fans get upset and disgusted with poor performance. 

Quote:And as a fan have the right to be emotional with my team.   Never said I was going to quit.  Even cubs fans and redsox fans get upset and disgusted with poor performance. 
But it's what you've got. You can try to analyze it all you want but at the end of the day it is what it is. It's a losing team. You have to decide if it will ever get better or not.

Root for it or don't. That's your simple choice.
I rooted for um as we got stomped by the cowgirls and still will during the J Smooth showing with the Giants. 

Quote:I rooted for um as we got stomped by the cowgirls and still will during the J Smooth showing with the Giants.

J Smooth showing? Is he gonna be at the stadium or am I missing something?
The optimism comes from knowing our new owner was so dissatisfied by the state of the organization that he completely cleaned house. The optimism comes from the fact that he has shown he is willing to spend millions of dollars to try to create the best organization and fan experience possible.

This organization is not like other long term losing programs that spent years doing the same thing over and over again getting the same results.

Khan has shown that he wants a world class organization in a world class stadium and he hasn't been sitting on his hands hoping and waiting for this to happen.

But you also have to understand that even with the best possible guidance, it still takes time when you are building from scratch.

Quote:The optimism comes from knowing our new owner was so dissatisfied by the state of the organization that he completely cleaned house. The optimism comes from the fact that he has shown he is willing to spend millions of dollars to try to create the best organization and fan experience possible.

This organization is not like other long term losing programs that spent years doing the same thing over and over again getting the same results.

Khan has shown that he wants a world class organization in a world class stadium and he hasn't been sitting on his hands hoping and waiting for this to happen.

But you also have to understand that even with the best possible guidance, it still takes time when you are building from scratch.
well said!
Quote:J Smooth showing? Is he gonna be at the stadium or am I missing something?
yes sunday and tailgating with the bcb
I still remember that Garrard run like it was yesterday. How time flies
Proper punctuation hasn't taken a beating like that in a long time.

Is this what Afghanistan's like? Translator please...
Quote:The optimism comes from knowing our new owner was so dissatisfied by the state of the organization that he completely cleaned house. The optimism comes from the fact that he has shown he is willing to spend millions of dollars to try to create the best organization and fan experience possible.

It sure does take time. Tomorrow is the 40 th straight time the team has been underdogs. 40 games in a row at the underdog, and that will increase as the season progresses. 2 1/2 years, and not once be favored to win.
REMAIN CALM..

and JAG ON!

Quote:REMAIN CALM..

and JAG ON!

As opposed to... ?

Nevermind.
Quote:REMAIN CALM..

and JAG ON!

I will. But so far, it's been Jag Offs