Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: RG3 Situation and Bortles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Man, this happened at the right time for Blake. Seeing a supposed franchise QB being demoted and fallen from grace so hard has got to light a fire under him. Sucks for RG3, though. Seems like a good guy.

I remember seeing RGlll getting injured in that playoff game against the Seahawks and remember thinking that his career was never going to be the same...And I was right.

Quote:I remember seeing RGlll getting injured in that playoff game against the Seahawks and remember thinking that his career was never going to be the same...And I was right.

Yup injuries have ruined a lot of careers, people forget RG3 had one of if not the best rookie year for a QB in NFL history, that injury did him in.

And his situation has nothing to do with Bortles, RG3 is in year three and Bortles is still in year one, lighting a fire under his butt? Give me a break, he is just a rookie learning the NFL, he's not out there playing lazy or not caring and not working hard to get better.
This is a good example of what a coaching change can do to a young raw QB. Different schemes, difference offenses, different styles being shoved down your throat all the while needing the extra work to iron out his mechanics and having to rehab in the process.
Relying on pure athleticism did rg3 in. Along with not being a student of the game.
I don't see any correlation at all. 

I still have no idea what the hell this thread is about.

Quote:I still have no idea what the hell this thread is about.

Blake being the competitor he is seeing RG3's career go down the toilet is good motivation.
This is really not relevant.

RG3 was never and possibly will never be a "true" NFL quarterback.  His strength has always been about his legs and "athleticism".  Those traits work well against lesser competition (college football) but don't work out so well in Professional Football.  For prior history, see Cordell Stewart, Tim Tebow, etc.  About the only one that is even close to having a good career with the same traits would be Michael Vick.

Blake Bortles on the other hand has more arm and intelligence than any of the above mentioned quarterbacks.  He is more along the lines of an Andrew Luck or as he is commonly compared to, a Ben Rothlesburger.

I would put money down that "johnny football" will go down as a HUGE bust when it comes to this year's draft class of quarterbacks.

Anything to start another BB thread/ smh

Quote: Blake being the competitor he is seeing RG3's career go down the toilet is good motivation.

I totally disagree.   From everything I have read and heard, Blake Bortles is not in need of motivation.   He works very hard.   RG3 did not.  

What Blake needs, in my opinion, is an offensive line in front of him.  I don't see how he can get any better if he's constantly dealing with linebackers and safeties coming at him unblocked straight up the middle. 

Quote:This is a good example of what a coaching change can do to a young raw QB. Different schemes, difference offenses, different styles being shoved down your throat all the while needing the extra work to iron out his mechanics and having to rehab in the process.

Not really. It shows how terrible an organization the Redskins are.