Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: LB position UPgraded...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
W/the emergence of Telvin Smith @ the WLB, Jeremiah George @ the MLB and J.T. Thomas @ SLB, I feel that we'll attain Much More production from the positions. I'm estatic to eyewitness this intriguing combination if it's played out. Telvin has definately taken over the WILL position. We hav'nt seen much of George, nor have I seen any, but I get the impression that he's a keeper. J.T. is better suited for the STRONG/OTTO position as his production at the position indicates...

Give your desired LB combination (existing players) and why...

NH3...
It looks as if the LB combination that played against Indy may stay intact. Geno Hayes may continue to play the Otto. While Telvin and J.T. will remain put as per coach Bradley...

George is questionable and didn't practice today...

NH3...
It looks as if the LB combination that played against Indy may stay intact. Geno Hayes may continue to play the Otto. While Telvin and J.T. will remain put as per coach Bradley...

George is questionable and didn't practice today...

NH3...
George played like 12 snaps so far. Can't make a judgment on him. Hopefully Telvin is the long-term answer at WLB and either Thomas or George emerges in the middle. I like Poz but with a cap hit of 9.5 and a potential savings of 7.5, I don't think he's on the team next year. That leaves at least one spot that can be upgraded, and that's the best case scenario.

JT Thomas is average as grits, and Jeremiah George only played a handful of plays.

Color me unimpressed

Only Telvin Smith will be a Jag starting LB next year
Let's see how George and Fortt do with a full training camp in our system. Both players were selected in a very deep draft. Maybe one or both of these players have the requisite traits to succeed in our system. At very least, I like the prospect of addressing one of the weakest position groups of the roster with some young talented players.
As far as Telvin Smith goes, yeah he's a keeper.

Telvin has wonderful insticts, amazing speed and a nose for the ball.
Quote:W/the emergence of Telvin Smith @ the WLB, Jeremiah George @ the MLB and J.T. Thomas @ SLB, I feel that we'll attain Much More production from the positions. I'm estatic to eyewitness this intriguing combination if it's played out. Telvin has definately taken over the WILL position. We hav'nt seen much of George, nor have I seen any, but I get the impression that he's a keeper. J.T. is better suited for the STRONG/OTTO position as his production at the position indicates...

Give your desired LB combination (existing players) and why...

NH3...
My only question would be how Hayes adjust to the other side, and can JT Thomas be more consitent at MILB
Quote:George played like 12 snaps so far. Can't make a judgment on him. Hopefully Telvin is the long-term answer at WLB and either Thomas or George emerges in the middle. I like Poz but with a cap hit of 9.5 and a potential savings of 7.5, I don't think he's on the team next year. That leaves at least one spot that can be upgraded, and that's the best case scenario.

George's playing time was so minuscule that I didn't get to see any of it. Some posters did state that he's a natural at the position though. Caldwell liked him throughout the draft process hinse his signing since Poz's absence in the middle...

I'd like to see him play the remainder of the season to determine if he's the future at the poaition...

NH3...
Quote:JT Thomas is average as grits, and Jeremiah George only played a handful of plays.

Color me unimpressed
 Thomas isn't as good as grits. Maybe Northern grits. He is terrible, please. I hope we keep Poz, cap space be damned for once.
Go ahead brag about a player or players. They are domed to get hurt now. That is what happens to me when I call a player out!

The LB corps currently is one of the weakest units in the league.  Telvin Smith has good potential, as he makes the big play, but he has got to be more consistent in his reads and tackles.  I think they'll find a way to bring back Poz, as the rest of the LBers are practice squad caliber on most other teams.  The 2015 draft will address the positions.

I think the only safe thing to say about the linebacker positions is that at least one 2015 starter is not currently on the team, possibly two depending on what happens with Poz.

George has barely seen the field. On paper, his combine numbers are unimpressive, and it's tough to sit here and call someone who's smaller and slower than Poz a "natural". Thomas is decidedly average at best, and I'd argue against calling him a building block for the future. Even Telvin has some questions to answer about size and bulk; this isn't Madden. 218-lb. linebackers don't hold up over 16 games.

I suspect Thomas will make the team in a backup role next year, as he has experience outside and in the middle. Telvin will be on the team next year, and may well be starting. Beyond that, who knows? George and Fortt are far from sure things, especially considering that each was dumped by at least one team already this season.

Quote:JT Thomas is average as grits, and Jeremiah George only played a handful of plays.

Color me unimpressed

I too am unimpressed w/the play of J.T. at the MLB position. George is yet to be determined...

NH3...
Poz is solid. Telvin has a ton of upside. The rest are easily upgradeable.

We desperately need to find the otto and could use some quality rotational/situational depth.

Quote:Only Telvin Smith will be a Jag starting LB next year

Your scenario depends upon the upcoming draft/FA periods...

NH3...
Quote:Your scenario depends upon the upcoming draft/FA periods...

NH3...
Yup... Is already the off season here in Jacksonville bud.
Replace both safeties.

Resign Ball and keep the rest.

Sign young LEO and  DT .

Lots of work on the defense needs to be done with FA

I'd say the D has improved since Poz went down.
Pages: 1 2