Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ryan Davis is playing like an animal.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...on-d-line/

He should be getting more snaps. Happy for the local Bethune kid.

And yet he still isnt playing much..... Another wise decision by our brilliant coaching staff
nice to see PFF tell you that someone is playing well.

He's been a good situational pass rusher for us.
Quote:And yet he still isnt playing much..... Another wise decision by our brilliant coaching staff
He's a small school 3rd year player. They watch him in practice every day. If they thought he could do it I'm sure he would be starting right now.

Quote:He's a small school 3rd year player. They watch him in practice every day. If they thought he could do it I'm sure he would be starting right now.

Just like how they thought toby was an every down player, and didnt give denard a start til mid season. But yeah, they clearly have an eye for talent.
Quote:Just like how they thought toby was an every down player, and didnt give denard a start til mid season. But yeah, they clearly have an eye for talent.
A lot of people thought Toby was an every down player. His role decreased by week 3. Hindsight is 20/20, keep reaching though.
Quote:A lot of people thought Toby was an every down player. His role decreased by week 3. Hindsight is 20/20, keep reaching though.

Who is "a lot"? And besides, these guys should know better than the rest of us anyway, since ya know, theyre kinda paid to do it.

Keep reaching tho
See:  Meier, Rob.

Quote:And yet he still isnt playing much..... Another wise decision by our brilliant coaching staff
He only wins on passing downs.
Quote:He only wins on passing downs.

Hence the designation of situational pass rusher.
Quote:Just like how they thought toby was an every down player, and didnt give denard a start til mid season. But yeah, they clearly have an eye for talent.
nice derail a positive thread with your stick

he isn't getting everydown reps because he is a tweener. Too small for a defensive end, two slow for a linebacker. So on passing downs they put him in the middle next to marks which is really clever really. 

Marks takes the double team clemons and branch/ chris smith take tackles leaving ryan davis with exceptional burst one on one with a guard

you put him in at dt every down and he will just get swallowed up on run plays.

he could play de on running downs in place of clemons but clemons has experience and is the better player

i like davis but i don't think it's short sighted of the coaches to use him as a situational pass rusher
Quote:A lot of people thought Toby was an every down player. His role decreased by week 3. Hindsight is 20/20, keep reaching though.

Actually, Amelia continued to get more touches in the running game up to week five... It was apparent to everyone by the 2nd week that he wasn't the guy to everyone but our inept coaches who kept feeding hi. The rock for 3 more weeks... Yet another reason these coaches should all be worried about their jobs

Quote:Actually, Amelia continued to get more touches in the running game up to week five... It was apparent to everyone by the 2nd week that he wasn't the guy to everyone but our inept coaches who kept feeding hi. The rock for 3 more weeks... Yet another reason these coaches should all be worried about their jobs

Lol what?

Gerhart's snap count:

Wk1@ Phil 48

Wk2@ Was 35

Wk3 Indy 30

Wk4@ SD 20

Wk5 Pitt 10

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.rotowire.com/football/player.htm?id=6445'>http://www.rotowire.com/football/player.htm?id=6445</a>
Quote:nice derail a positive thread with your stick
He did what with his stick!?!
Quote:He did what with his stick!?!
i can only show you on a doll

autocorrect doesn't get the word schtick
Quote:Lol what?

Gerhart's snap count:

Wk1@ Phil 48

Wk2@ Was 35

Wk3 Indy 30

Wk4@ SD 20

Wk5 Pitt 10<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.rotowire.com/football/player.htm?id=6445'>http://www.rotowire.com/football/player.htm?id=6445</a>

Was still gettin more reps then the other rbs... As is what I said...
Oh, and I'm talking about rush attemps. Not just snaps... Just in case you need that part of my original post repeated.... :-)
Quote:Oh, and I'm talking about rush attemps. Not just snaps... Just in case you need that part of my original post repeated.... :-)

Which still isn't accurate.
I'm waiting for clfcrn 777's game plan so I'll know what to watch for on Sunday.

Quote:Which still isn't accurate.

Yeah it is. I went to my fantasy league on espn and checked the number of rushing attempts Amelia had compared to shoelace and the other rbs. Amelia had the most carries than any other rb up till after week 5
Pages: 1 2