Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This guy totally nails it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There were too many good points in it to try to highlight. If more black men would speak out like this, especially on a broader 'stage', and do it often maybe people would start to get it. It might take awhile, it might take a long while, but at least there would be progress if people listened and started acting on what they heard. 

Link

Wow. I thought this bring about some interesting dialogue. I guess not.
I'm almost deaf so I couldn't hear what he was saying so........

No audio at work

His message is one of thousands that I see on facebook with the same tone, nothing new.

There are many people who work in the black community that are trying to help end the violence, that never gets the attention because violence sells more.

Quote:His message is one of thousands that I see on facebook with the same tone, nothing new.

There are many people who work in the black community that are trying to help end the violence, that never gets the attention because violence sells more.
Sadly that is true about violence sells more. That's why these guys need to speak 'louder' and often. If enough people say the same message folks will start paying attention.
I can't see FB at work.  Is this the cop where someone asked him why he was on the phone during the meeting and he said it was because he was getting an update on a 5 year old that was shot and killed in a drive by while her father held her?  

If that's not this one, its an amazing take from a police officer and what they deal with on a daily basis.

Found a link online.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/watch-po...-epic-rant

I've even read where people are mad at the police for shooting the 12 year old that had a fake gun a few days ago.  How do they know its fake?  How do they know he's 12?  At 12 you know enough that you shouldn't pull a gun out at the police.  It's sad that it happened, but cops have to protect themselves.

Quote:There were too many good points in it to try to highlight. If more black men would speak out like this, especially on a broader 'stage', and do it often maybe people would start to get it. It might take awhile, it might take a long while, but at least there would be progress if people listened and started acting on what they heard. 

Link

I've seen a few of these over the last few days.  The thing is, the message should not be to "black men" or any other race/gender of people.  The message should be directed to people in general.
Quote:I've seen a few of these over the last few days.  The thing is, the message should not be to "black men" or any other race/gender of people.  The message should be directed to people in general.

True enough, but for the issue at hand (Ferguson specifically and the black community in general) this stuff will only be heard from their own people. In a culture that is perceived by so many as a 'thug life', even though it's not true for the whole black community, something needs to be said. Something needs to happen. What this guy said made a lot of sense to me.
Quote:I've seen a few of these over the last few days.  The thing is, the message should not be to "black men" or any other race/gender of people.  The message should be directed to people in general.

White people dont burn down their cities after police shootings.
Quote:White people dont burn down their cities after police shootings.

Hate to say it, but this is true. Those idiots ruined so many lives that night. Business owners and employees. Saw a barber who had his shop burnt to the ground say he can't feed his kids a thanksgiving dinner. They don't own or work at these places, so they don't give a crap. They'd rather steal liquor and cell phones then "burn this [BLEEP] down" as Browns family member would say.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/201...eason.html

To be fair, we riot for other reasons.

You got that right!
Quote:http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/201...eason.html

To be fair, we riot for other reasons.

Good one.  
"We" don't do anything.  Those people in the link are idiots. 

Quote:"We" don't do anything.  Those people in the link are idiots. 

That is exactly the point.  When flsprtsgod said "White people dont burn down their cities after police shootings."  He is implying that black people do burn down their cities after police shootings.   Well, black people don't do that any more than white people riot after sports events.    A few idiots do it.  
Quote:That is exactly the point.  When flsprtsgod said "White people dont burn down their cities after police shootings."  He is implying that black people do burn down their cities after police shootings.   Well, black people don't do that any more than white people riot after sports events.    A few idiots do it.  
This is so clearly different though. You can see how it must be different right? :whistling:
Quote:That is exactly the point.  When flsprtsgod said "White people dont burn down their cities after police shootings."  He is implying that black people do burn down their cities after police shootings.   Well, black people don't do that any more than white people riot after sports events.    A few idiots do it.  

Not to mention Greece, they practically burned the entire country down.
People in large groups are just idiotic, regardless of race.
If people started acting as Americans and not a particular race, sex, religious group, sexual preference, or any other ways society tends to break us up to make us argue with each other instead of addressing serious issuses the country would be better off as a whole but that might never happen in my life time.

Pages: 1 2