Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Mike Nolan interviewing for LB coaching job
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Per Alex Marvez.

Jesus. Coughlin ain't messing about, bringing in the best of the best at every spot.
Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 6m6 minutes ago
Source tells @sn_nfl that @MikeNolanNFL interviewing for @jaguars LBs coaching gig. Obviously, he hated working with me at @Sir
Nolan > Saleh
Now this I can get on board with.
He should have been DC.
Wow. Interesting

Wouldn't be surprised if they want him badley because they are taking a chance on Wash. They might sell him on the point of "hey Wash might not pan out and if he doesn't we need someone to replace him quickly"

Quote:He should have been DC.

Which would've resulted in a change to a 3-4, that not a lot of people are on board with since we have Telvin, Poz, and Jack at LB. ( for the record I would welcome a 3-4 look)
WOOT

Quote:He should have been DC.

Said the same about Perry. Wash must feel pretty much like a wash to you.
This staff is starting to look like the browns staff in the early 90s 

So many head coaches potentially on staff and in waiting if Marrone fails.  I don't know whether to be happy or concerned.  It's like the NFL head coaching version of Survivor.  What's next, Jeff Probst gets a job here too?

Strange dynamic with all of the position coaches being more qualified and accomplished than the dope we have as D Coordinator.
Quote:Said the same about Perry. Wash must feel pretty much like a wash to you.

Yup. And i stand by that. Both coaches much more experienced.
Quote:Yup. And i stand by that. Both coaches much more experienced.

Wash is a dope and our defense is gonna regress like the offense did.
Quote:Strange dynamic with all of the position coaches being more qualified and accomplished than the dope we have as D Coordinator.

Everyone knows how much I can't stand Gus and don't trust anything he did or said and hired. But at this point he's here and TC retained him as the DC. I think they like him and he didn't do a terrible job last year. There is a ton of room for improvement but that's where all the defensive coaches come in. He can do his job more efficiently now and I'm all for that. The silver lining is if he fails you won't need to look far for his replacement and yet he's in a position now to succeed more than ever. This is looking damn good
Quote:Everyone knows how much I can't stand Gus and don't trust anything he did or said and hired. But at this point he's here and TC retained him as the DC. I think they like him and he didn't do a terrible job last year. There is a ton of room for improvement but that's where all the defensive coaches come in. He can do his job more efficiently now and I'm all for that. The silver lining is if he fails you won't need to look far for his replacement and yet he's in a position now to succeed more than ever. This is looking damn good

What you are saying is factually correct, and I agree with it. But I've been burnt too many times by this franchise. It's the Jags, somehow this will blow up and go 100% wrong. I need to see success to believe it, and even then I won't be entirely sure.
Quote:What you are saying is factually correct, and I agree with it. But I've been burnt too many times by this franchise. It's the Jags, somehow this will blow up and go 100% wrong. I need to see success to believe it, and even then I won't be entirely sure.

All we can do is hope for the best. But really this feels like a real franchise now. Not some podunk low level after thought.
Quote:Yup. And i stand by that. Both coaches much more experienced.

I cant say I disagree. Having Fewell, and if we hire Nolan, hopefully they can work to be the strong foundation for the DC's establishment.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5